Addicted to Horn?

Echolocation… hahaha. Oh man. My horn has been busted for a couple months now, but I wish I had it at times!

I don’t mind beeping if someone’s going to hit you (or it looks like so)… but c’mon! Don’t beep as soon as the light turns green. And don’t beep for no apparent reason!

Beeping through certain intersections is insisted upon by law, because it’s really easy to get a scooter license… and scooters are smaller than cars…

[quote=“Claxon”]I hate the horn on go as soon as the light turns or is about to. If I get that from the imbecile behind, then I usually take a few extra seconds to get in gear just out of spite.[/quote]I wonder if you know that your user name “Claxon” actually means “car horn” in French. I’m not joking, it’s true.

And welcome to Forumosa.

marboulette

C’est vrai! Marboulette aussi s’est Francais.

Isn’t ‘klaxon’ the name of a horn manufacturer?
from the Greek.
‘To Shriek’

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Isn’t ‘klaxon’ the name of a horn manufacturer?
[/quote]I don’t remember for sure, but it does seem to vaguely make sense, and the spelling with a “K” is right. Oui!

marboulette

Edit: Yep, you are right. Klaxon from the Wiki.

well i think that to beep just when the light changes means being an asshole, but after 2 ~ 4 seconds its ok… now if the car behind me does that i will turn my face, stare at him and just wait to see what they do if i dont start… normally they will feel embarrassed or shy or they regret… then i go… and if i go by car then i tell them “fly bitch”…

The best thing I ever did was upgrade the horn on my scooter…and I use it very liberally! :sunglasses: