Address book software that can handle Chinese?

My secretary’s computer tanked over the weekend, so I decided to get a new computer for myself and switch my old one to the front desk. I don’t want to change it to Chinese XP, because she doesn’t understand computers very well, and I can’t help out unless it’s in English.

The computer already has all the proper Chinese language files installed, and most of my other programs can handle Chinese.

The problem is that I need an address book that can handle Chinese characters. Previously we used the English version of Palm Desktop in Chinese windows, and everything worked fine, but in a totally English environment I can’t get it to work properly. The same goes with the Chinese version of palm desktop.

Any suggestions for tweaking palm desktop, or another software choice? Thanks in advance.

[quote=“dangerousapple”]My secretary’s computer tanked over the weekend, so I decided to get a new computer for myself and switch my old one to the front desk. I don’t want to change it to Chinese XP, because she doesn’t understand computers very well, and I can’t help out unless it’s in English.

The computer already has all the proper Chinese language files installed, and most of my other programs can handle Chinese.

The problem is that I need an address book that can handle Chinese characters. Previously we used the English version of Palm Desktop in Chinese windows, and everything worked fine, but in a totally English environment I can’t get it to work properly. The same goes with the Chinese version of palm desktop.

Any suggestions for tweaking palm desktop, or another software choice? Thanks in advance.[/quote]I’d also be interested in any tips for getting Palm Desktop on an English OS to display characters. It’s a minor annoyance to me that I can only enter and view characters on the PDA itself.

Nevermind, I solved it myself. I had to delete all my old palm files, and fiddle around with the language settings in the control panel, and then download the latest palm desktop. Everything works fine now, and I can store Chinese records without any trouble.

[quote=“dangerousapple”]Nevermind, I solved it myself. I had to delete all my old palm files, and fiddle around with the language settings in the control panel, and then download the latest palm desktop. Everything works fine now, and I can store Chinese records without any trouble.[/quote]Were you able to reinstall your old records OK?

No…that was the trade-off. I had to delete all records and categories.