Address in the ARC

Hi irish91,

I tried updated my address through the Gold ARC and it asked for:
“Documents certifying changes (related documents certifying changes: renewed passport, police reports or declarations certifying damaged, lost or reissuance of documents)”

What document did you use to certify the changes?

Thanks!

AFIK they are looking for a rental agreement. If you are married, the contract can be in your spouse’s name. You could also try a utility bill that’s in your name, but if you haven’t changed your address on your ARC yet, I would imagine bills are still going to your old address.

Funnily enough, my Gold Card doesn’t have anything for an address.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Yeah mine doesn’t either. The problem I have right now is I’m only planning to stay about 3 months this trip. I booked an airbnb but they said they can’t give me a contract to use. I found a friend that said I could use their address, but they are renting and their contract is in their name. So not sure what documentation I should provide in this case.

When I applied abroad initially my residential address was blank on the Gold Card. Though once I moved to Taiwan and got a residential address I updated it. They allow 30 days to do this.

Whoops!

were you able to find a good room at a nice price? other forum members have said that the PO Box is not possible

I know it’s been some time since you posted, but if you do have any experience renting a very small room, I’d love to hear.

Thanks! :slight_smile: