Adivice on finding a cheap ticket to Canada

Anyone have an advice or know any good websites. SO far I have tried Lion travel and the tickets are 66,000 plus. That seem ridiculous to me as I flew here for 30,000 just 3 years ago. Help please

where in canada? makes a big difference cuz some airlines only fly to vancouver/toronto for example

Toronto I can bus it from there to Quebec.

travelocity.ca

i just did a random search for u on kayak.com

tpe to yyz

depart july 3, return july 11

$1630USD with united airlines (48,900NT)

united isnt the best airline for service, but if price is the only thing u care about…i know u can find something

Last time I asked people here recommended Philippine Airlines, up top Vancouver. maybe you can connect cheaper from there. Here: Flight Vancouver May

Maybe you should try a smaller travel agency. Lion and SET are not exactly the cheapest.

Thanks for the tips. Everywhere I look seems really expensive. The best deal so far was on Kayak but when I went to book on AA website the price bumped up to 55,000?? Seem so crazy. Philippines Airlines only fly to Vancouver and it was still 50,000 + thousand.

Try ezfly.com or eztravel.com.tw… travel in July and August is always 50-60k+ returning to Eastern Canuckistan from Taiwan in my experience though. The last few years I have found Philippine Air to always be the cheapest, but there are some Chinese Airlines, China Eastern & Southern with cheap tix now too.

When are you travelling? If summer then yes you are going to be gouged.

Yes July. Bastards,so far travel agents have been even worse…
'‘oh July that will be 68,000 !!!"’ wtf Thanks for those websites. I need to get home pretty bad.

here’s another way…i’m from DC…flights to DC are EXPENSIVE…so if the time and price is right, i’ll fly to JFK in NY, then buy a separate one way ticket to DC. it actually turns out to be cheaper by a few hundred.

for example…if your flight is around 50,000NT, roughly $1666, see if you can find a flight to a major airport nearby for 1000, then take a budget airline home. I dont know what budget airlines canada has but something like southwest or jetblue. maybe thats an option

Elizabeth travels in Taichung city just sold me a Taipei to Vancouver ticket for August 2012 for 55,000 nt. Summer is " high season " and of course the rise in the cost of oil…
her number is 04 2329 8277.

[quote=“Ovechkin”]here’s another way…I’m from DC…flights to DC are EXPENSIVE…so if the time and price is right, I’ll fly to JFK in NY, then buy a separate one way ticket to DC. it actually turns out to be cheaper by a few hundred.

for example…if your flight is around 50,000NT, roughly $1666, see if you can find a flight to a major airport nearby for 1000, then take a budget airline home. I don’t know what budget airlines canada has but something like southwest or jetblue. maybe thats an option[/quote]

This is a good plan. The best option for Canada is to get a cheap ticket to Vancouver and then keep checking WestJet’s website for seat sales… the added benefit of this method is that if you have friends in Vancouver you can do a stopover to visit.

we have always paid 35-45k (NT) to vancouver.

Orbitz has a low season fare from Taoyuan to Montreal for NT$48,000.

Taoyuan - Shanghai - Paris - Montreal - New York - Beijing - Taoyuan

Edit: I just noticed that return airfare from Taoyuan to Rio De Janeiro is also NT$48,000. :ponder: