Adult Circumcision

You tend to forget it.

I was circumcised when I was a kid (in Ph) and I dont even remember now how much painful it was.

I got it done here.
Cannot remember the price.
First they put an ice pack next to your wee fella. They numb that area cause an injection you’ll be receiving. Then It’s chopped off & stitched up. No pain whatsoever.
Suggest a day off work as I felt a little groggy afterwards.
A week or so later they pulled the stitches out which hurt a little.

Good friend back in UK, firefighter like me had it done at the local hospital (free on our NHS) dropped him off at noon and picked him up 2 hours later. He was late 50’s at the time, a little discomfort for 24 hours then he was back to normal hose pipe works and still putting out fires. :grinning:

Hello, I’d like to ask what the procedure was like. Your preference and why. I suffer from minor phimosis and have been having issues with tightness during erection. I’m a bit scared to step into an office and not be prepared to explain myself properly

Since my teens having my foreskin permanently retracted, I started considering a circumcision for several years. Not due to phymosis or any other medical condition, but just because an uncovered glans feels more comfortable. (to me). During sports and when wearing boxers my foreskin fall back over my glans. Additional advantages of a circumcision are the enhaced hygiene and aesthetics (at least in my opinion).

But after going to a clinic in Taipei in 2014 I wasn’t happy with the doctor’s attitude. Although he spoke English, I got the feeling I didn’t want consider the style I wished (high and tight). So, in the end I cancelled the surgery. After reading this forum in 2019 I made an appointment with Dr. Chueh at TaiAn (Taiwan Adventist) Hospital. He was kind and did agree to perform a high and tight circumcision. He would perform the surgery the next (health care in Taiwan is so efficient!)! The cost, NTD 10K, wasn’t covered by NHI as there eas no medical reason

The surgery was scheduled at 10 o’clock in the morning. After the necessary paperwork, I had to undress and to wear the provided gown. Then I was called into the surgery room where the nurses first would shave and desinfect the area. Then the doctor arrived and first performed the local anesthetics. As soon as the area was numb he started the circumcison. After an hour he finished the job with the last of 30(!) stitches.

The first days the skin waa swollen and blueish. After one week I had to return to the hospital for a check-up. And after two weeks, after the self-dissolvable stitches allfell off, I had a last check up.

The scar over time flattened and faded. Although the skin is a bjt less tight as I wished, I am very satisfied with the final result.

4 posts were split to a new topic: From circumcision

Dr Chue(c)h seems to be quite popular.