Adventist hospital/help?

I slipped and fell on my apartment’s tile steps Monday when it was raining really hard. I thought I just had a nasty bruise…but there’s still a numb patch on my leg, and occasionally a very sharp pain. The person here at ICLP suggested I go to the Adventist Hospital. I’ve seen it mentioned here but no specifics as to whether it’s any good or not. So my questions are, a) do you think I need to go? and b) is Adventist the place to go to? I don’t have national health insurance and my Stanford insurance pays nothing until the bills are already high. -_-; So cost is an issue but only to a certain extent–health is more important.

Ow.

If you have suggestions please reply soon. Thanks a bunch.

feeling clumsy in Taipei,

a) YES… if YOU think there is a need to go to the hospital then GO.

b) I have found the Adventist to be the best (for me). If you end up having a bone related problem ask for Dr Tsai - great guy, perfect English and super patient. They have always ensured I have an English speaking doctor to help me.

I also suggest you visit a hospital and get it x-rayed - and perhaps improve your health insurance coverage.

I went to Adventist hospital and was very happy with the service, speed and cost. They were very efficient, I was able to communicate in Chinese or English as I liked, and at $55 US for the whole thing (including x-rays and meds) it was very cheap compared to the US.

The doctor’s English was more than sufficient (he even mentioned “R. I. C. E.”–heh), although the X-ray girls’ English was even better.

And Rascal, you are right on–if I were staying for more than 9 weeks I would get more useful insurance, and if I come back again for any length of time that’s what I’ll do.

Thanks!

(By the way, there was no fracture)

(By the way, there was no fracture)

Good to hear that!