Advice needed: Bar games to attract the masses

we’ve opened a bar 2 months ago,billiards table,good food,drinks served as they should.

we get a decent crowd food wise,with many returning customers,and the local expats are beginning to know where we’re at.

but i want a once a week mega gathering.

i know it can be done because a chap down the road is running a pitiful place and still manages to be jam-packed every Monday night with his game of “Joker Jackpot” (deck of cards displayed on the wall,chap puts 10$ in kitty every week while 1 card is turned over every Monday…jackpot is 600 bucks this week)

i need similar ideas

we tried pool competitions but peoples seem more keen on something involving sheer luck than skills of any type.

Bunch of glasses of beer lined up on the bar. Small glasses are OK. Each one has a pube in it. Competitors have to drink the beer, pick the pube out of their teeth and guess who it belongs to.
Guaranteed surefire winner right there.

Attractive ladies and a few Connect four sets. Erh, a quiz night?

HG

human fly. velcro suit, reverse velcro soft wall coverings, and a mini-trampoline.

cockroach races. pick a roach, paint your numbr on it, put them all in a box and dum them into a circle markdd on the ground, firt one to cross the larger diameter circle is the winnr… or use snails (boring) or rats (too fast, and you have to keep them in their own clear tubes) or crabs: you can eat them when they’re done, and they’re available at most RT marts. etc.

thong throwing. (plastic sandal distance awards) or sausages, etc. best done outside, though, like plum stone spitting competitions, or binlang juice spraying…

triva nights (too hard here as too many people come from too many different cultures).

that could be “bar games to repel people.” in my case and those of others i know, we wouldnt frequent a place where they had annoying games. something low-key like a pool wager would be best than. anything like those goddamned loud annoying local “dice games” would have me asking for my check and high-tailing it out of there

Bingo

Where is this bar?
There’s always room for jello wrestling.

the jello always wins, Dr. there’s no point. now if you’d said Lard wrestling… nude, i’d be in.

actually, you don’t want a hundred people drinking cheap beer, you want fifteen people every night drinking reall, really expensive brandy and scotch. just provide a place to park the ferraris and lamborghinis, and a discreet side door with large bouncer.

If I;m not mistaken, it’s up in the provinces in the Philippines, so nude lesbian jelly wrestling, midget tossing and shotgun target, practice, or indeed a wicked combo of all three, are not to be excluded too hurriedly. Anything is possible, with the possible exception of pinning a picture of the pope on a dartboard.

HG

Women. Lots of beautiful women. Beautiful barmaids. Hot customers. Dancers. Your girlfriend. Your Wife.

Take Hooter’s Taipei for example. Overpriced bad food but its packed last Tuesday night!

Fess up guys, how many of you have gone back to a restaurant or bar just because of that girl…

[quote=“sandman”]Bunch of glasses of beer lined up on the bar. Small glasses are OK. Each one has a pube in it. Competitors have to drink the beer, pick the pube out of their teeth and guess who it belongs to.
Guaranteed surefire winner right there.[/quote]

what’s the prize?

and it’s gonna have to be men pubes then coz most ladies here are “chauves comme toi” :laughing:

actually when we opened this place,we purposely wanted to keep it “filth” free.
there are dozens of other bars catering to the pick-up crowd.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Connect four sets.
HG[/quote]

i guess that’s quite an okay idea…i can’t see anyone going out of their way to come here because we have a set of that or Jenga or Cluedo but who knows??

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”] Erh, a quiz night?

HG[/quote]
good one,i’ll try put one together and see how it goes. :wink:

[quote=“urodacus”]human fly. velcro suit, reverse velcro soft wall coverings, and a mini-trampoline.

[/quote]

funnily enough i had a similar thought when i saw the sumo suits on a TV program this past week.

i’m sure to have a good crowd only if i knew where to get them!

midget tossing is allowed here,but it means having to pay an extra member of staff :frowning:

would only be once a week,i too don’t want to turn my place into a 24/7 sodom & gomorrha :wink:

my GF is gonna love you for that!

Sabang Beach,Philippines.

Here’s a few things bars have done in Chicago:

1. beanbag toss league. Similar to a bowling league.
    2)Chicago Idol. Similar to American Idol
    3)WII games. Right now, every Weds, drunk people can join together a play an ex-Cubs player ( GO CUBSSSSSSSS).

You can’t have Connect four or Jenga (thanks, I never knew what that was called) without the ladiez. And quiz nights tend to attract English and Australians, so please, no stupid baseball stats. God I hate that crap.

HG

Sabang Beach,Philippines.[/quote]

For real?

I thought Jenga and Connect 4 are mandatory in Filipino bars!

Just cruise the expat forums in all the likely countries around, such as forumosa, and offer us “special deals” on our next dive trip!

Depending on the crowd. Trivia games seem popular in some western pubs and bars.