[Advice needed] My dad blocked me from being able to use Reddit and now I’m sad. What do I do?

Do you agree with this idea?
“Maybe he could turn on my phone’s Internet on the weekends so that I can use Reddit on the weekends only.”

Personally I don’t see how that solves the problem he’s worried about. Pedos don’t take the weekend off. But that’s not my place to say. My guess is he’ll probably want to monitor the sub-Reddits you use and maybe check out your profile once in a while, which might be intrusive but that might be his way of making sure you’re safe.

2 Likes

If you knew what it was, and knew it would be horrible, why go look?

And THAT is why I’ll side with yer pops. You’ll be fine. Read a book. Join a writing class. You write well enough. Chatting online to people endlessly and without purpose, ie “freely,” isn’t expressing yourself in my book. It’s just a silly freeforall, peppered with a88holes and worse, as you have proven with these Reddit themed posts.

1 Like

Well duh.

My second account or the first one? (The first one is monitored by him.) Ok then. But my dad says that he won’t always have enough time to check what I’m posting.

Well I’m sorry but IDK where to post about stuff.

What’s that response for? You were the one asking what if you could just use it on the weekends. I was telling you why that doesn’t address your Dad’s concerns. So don’t reply like that.

I don’t know what to tell you then. Like I’ve said a couple times, just talk to your Dad and explain your feelings. He will probably try and come up with some solution that neither of you will be 100% happy with, but both can live with. Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. I feel any more replies would just be me repeating myself.

1 Like

I think that is a great question to ask your dad. We’re great at helping when we feel needed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry. I wasn’t trying to be rude. I meant that I am already aware that pedos don’t just go away on the weekend.
And one of his main concerns are actually me using Reddit too much so only limiting it to just the weekends would technically be a good idea if his main concern is me using it too much.

@Hapadoge trust your dad. Reddit is dangerous and you can get yourself into serious trouble. The fact that you got a message from a pedo is scary. Not to freak you out, but there are tools online that you can use to learn about other reddit users. Try typing your reddit username in https://www.redditinvestigator.com/ or https://redditmetis.com
and you might be scared how much information about you can get.

As for alternative activities, focus on expressing yourself through drawing. Draw your stuff and then make a digital version of it with Krita https://krita.org/en/

Then share your art on deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/ or instagram.

Digital painting is fun and time consuming.

4 Likes

here’s a guy who got financially decimated because of reddit

Man, the scare is on!

“I would not have traded options,” Omar admitted, “if I had not found WallStreetBets.”

Then again, CNN is bought and sold, so no surprise there. Go long boys!

1 Like

Yeah see that’s the thing. I can’t draw that well & I’m very picky when it comes to that kind of thing. Not a combo.

Would your dad pay for an online drawing course?

Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We have everything from intercultural relationships to Trumpism to disappearing dragonfruit to “I wanna be Tik Tok famous” to Zen to motorcycle maintenance to worshipping the one true God-Emperor (Discobot :robot:) to hypothetical film/song titles to picture quizzes to… I mean what do we not have?

2 Likes

A downvote button? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think

:-1:

gets the point across when necessary.

We could use a few more emojis, but we already have a thread about that. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Why don’t we just copy every subreddit onto forumosa? Problem solved! Until OP’s dad blocks forumosa…

Nope. She’s on reddit to interact with that community.

He’s been a member since before she was born, so he would only use the nuclear option due to a mid-life crisis, but he probably wouldn’t want people to know, so he wouldn’t do it, so… no problem. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Status: I deleted my Reddit account for the sake of my father. I will miss it but I did what I had to do.

3 Likes