Advice needed- Types of contraceptive pills available here?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been talked about. I tried searching and didn’t get what iI was looking for. Can anyone help me to find out what types of contraceptive pills are available in Taiwan and what their pro’s and con’s are.

Also if anyone knows anything about the male contraceptive pill I’d be grateful for any pointers.

Many many thanks for any help.

You don’t need a prescription to buy the pill here in Taiwan. If you want to know what types are available, go to a pharmacy (there’s one around Yungkang Street with an English-speaking pharmacist to help) and ask them what kind they have. Write down all the product names, the manufacturers, and the active ingredients and do an Internet search. You’ll find loads of info…

You might find this site helpful. About halfway down the page it lists common side effects to different pills:

womenshealth.about.com/gi/dynami … ontr11.htm

Looks like you have to go to the bottom of the page of that link i just posted and click on the Related Article : Which Birth Control is For Me? to get the info I just mentioned…

trinordiol works, and only $95NT for a month’s supply, whereas in the U.S. it seems to cost a lot more, at least based on online prices…

I will soon be needing a “refill”, would you happen to know the name of the Pharmacy? Or if there is one around the Zhong Shan District (mind the spelling, using a map that isn’t accurate at times)?

Thanks in advance. :wink: