Advice on visa

Good evening,

I am an englishman with a 12 months plus contract to work as a consultant in Tapei starting 14/7 with occassional travel to Japan/Singapore.

Can I…

1. Enter on a 90 day exemption and then just re start my 90 days each time I leave the country?
  2. Do I have to obtain a work permit - my employer will be myself (Self employed) so I don’t have a Taiwanese employer.
  3. Do I have to obtain an ARC?
  4. Can I rent apartments monthly? (2 beds Centrail Tapei)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[quote=“Dangermouse1964”]

Can I…

1. Enter on a 90 day exemption and then just re start my 90 days each time I leave the country?[/quote]

Yes, unlike in the Schengen Area that is possible.

Anyone rendering services or laboring in Taiwan who is not a citizen, APRC or JFRV holder or otherwise privileged through direct blood lineage to a citizen must apply for a work permit that is specific for the job under R.O.C. law. The relevant legal basis is the Employment Services Act.

Once you were issued a work permit you should apply for an ARC.

That should be possible.

Please also bear in mind that without a work permit you not only work illegally, but most likely do not pay income tax and NHI premiums. If for some reason the authorities become aware of this, you will need to take care of quite a bill and have a lot of trouble. I assume aliens working in your home country need to face removal, too?