Advice to find a date

you should learn “game” and become a player pick up artist. learning pick up lines and such, or just get some abs. you can flash them in the club and u will get guys for sure. good luck.

:roflmao:

1. Einstein would never make love to a woman in a vacuum (mostly because they’d both die)
  2. The sine can never be Pi/2, for it is bound between 1 and -1

[quote=“Novaspes”]1) Einstein would never make love to a woman in a vacuum (mostly because they’d both die)
2) The sine can never be Pi/2, for it is bound between 1 and -1[/quote]

1. The acceleration of 9.8 m/s^2 does not occur in just vacuums. For example, assuming you’re on or near the Earth’s surface, then grav accel is approx 9.8 m/s^2.
  2. The joke meant sin(pi/2), which equals positive 1.
  1. You and the objects you own seem to have the magical ability to ignore the air. In the specific case of a dress, try to drop it (or equivalently a piece of paper) in an atmosphere that can support human life and tell me what the net acceleration is.
  2. “What is your sine. It must be Pi/2” I understand what the joke was supposed to be, but that sentence remains wrong.

Tbh, I was half serious, but if you are going to object get your facts straight. :slight_smile:

Get a Costco membership. They always have dates.

[quote=“Novaspes”]1) You and the objects you own seem to have the magical ability to ignore the air. In the specific case of a dress, try to drop it (or equivalently a piece of paper) in an atmosphere that can support human life and tell me what the net acceleration is.
2) “What is your sine. It must be Pi/2” I understand what the joke was supposed to be, but that sentence remains wrong.

Tbh, I was half serious, but if you are going to object get your facts straight. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Ok, so none of us were specific enough. But tell me what the net acceleration of a macroscopic metal ball that is dropped near the Earth’s surface is and get back to me. It ain’t gonna be easy to include everything… air resistance has little effect on the net acceleration of some objects and more on different objects.

To quote your snarkiness: Get your facts straight. :slight_smile:

[quote=“yosimba2000”][quote=“Novaspes”]1) You and the objects you own seem to have the magical ability to ignore the air. In the specific case of a dress, try to drop it (or equivalently a piece of paper) in an atmosphere that can support human life and tell me what the net acceleration is.
2) “What is your sine. It must be Pi/2” I understand what the joke was supposed to be, but that sentence remains wrong.

Tbh, I was half serious, but if you are going to object get your facts straight. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Ok, so none of us were specific enough. But tell me what the net acceleration of a macroscopic metal ball that is dropped near the Earth’s surface and get back to me. It ain’t gonna be easy to include everything… air resistance has little effect on the net acceleration of some objects and more on different objects.

To quote your snarkiness: Get your facts straight. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I believe the initial quote referred to a dress. I have no idea what you were talking about, but you seem to be conveniently ignoring that the context and the specifics of the problem were set at the beginning. Metal ball? I doubt there are women with such bad taste in clothing around.

In any case, we’re Temp material.

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“yosimba2000”][quote=“Novaspes”]1) You and the objects you own seem to have the magical ability to ignore the air. In the specific case of a dress, try to drop it (or equivalently a piece of paper) in an atmosphere that can support human life and tell me what the net acceleration is.

Ok, so none of us were specific enough. But tell me what the net acceleration of a macroscopic metal ball that is dropped near the Earth’s surface and get back to me. It ain’t gonna be easy to include everything… air resistance has little effect on the net acceleration of some objects and more on different objects.

To quote your snarkiness: Get your facts straight. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I believe the initial quote referred to a dress. I have no idea what you were talking about, but you seem to be conveniently ignoring that the context and the specifics of the problem were set at the beginning. Metal ball? I doubt there are women with such bad taste in clothing around.

In any case, we’re Temp material.[/quote]

I’ve only read this page on this thread, so I was not aware of any initial conditions. I assumed you just pulled an object (like a dress) out randomly.

edit Scanned through the thread, and found out you meant YOUR dress quote. We’ve already discussed your dress problem and moved on to the metal ball problem. Why does physics care if you were talking about the dress before the ball?

Thread poorly scanned, I am sorry. I was referring to the joke that appears in the post right before mine. Why did you think I would mention Einstein otherwise? Though in all honesty I should have called it “joke” or “pun”, not “quote”.

oh the picture. anyhow, it seems we understand each other so I’m gonna jet.

Eh, I’d like to know the same. I spent half of my childhood in the states and have been back in Taiwan for quite a while now. I’ve made close Taiwanese friends, but dating just doesn’t seem to work. The thing is I’m a believer of sex after marriage and that just doesn’t seem to go very well with the foreigners in Taiwan… :cry:

Sex after marriage isn’t going to work well with taiwanese either.

Don’t blame foreigners for their sexual behavior. They know they are exotic here and they enjoy it the best they can.
Those hot Scandinavians living in Australia are in a similar position :slight_smile:

Try dating a foreigner with a 3~4 years living experience in Taiwan. He already played the game and had his fair share of sexual enjoyment, so he might be ready for a long term commitment.

Maybe you should try those foreign missionary guys.

Suddenly “likes pink and green” takes on a whole new meaning.

Oh, it really does. As long as their wives don’t find out.

Good for you. You’ll meet the right person one day. Someone that also practices abstinence before marriage. :thumbsup:

PMed.