Aerowolf - whassat then?

Noticed one of these for the first time yesterday. At first I thought it was an RZR, so I’ve probably seen them before without realising, though I think they must be pretty rare.

The most obvious difference from a casual inspection is the twin fairing-mounted headlamps (and the fact that it says “Aerowolf” on the side). Is it, as I suspect, just a standard Wolf/Legend/CB 125S clone in a sports fairing? If so it would be interesting to see if the (presumably improved) aerodynamics make any appreciable difference to the performance.

I haven’t seen one of these. Can you give any more details? Are you sure it’s not just a sticker (decal) that the owner had stuck onto an RZR, CB150 or CBR150?

If it is just a four-stroke 125, then I think the extra weight of the fairing would more than cancel out any aerodynamic advantage!

[quote=“joesax”]I haven’t seen one of these. Can you give any more details? Are you sure it’s not just a sticker (decal) that the owner had stuck onto an RZR, CB150 or CBR150?

If it is just a four-stroke 125, then I think the extra weight of the fairing would more than cancel out any aerodynamic advantage![/quote]

They were on the market here well before your time…From the early to mid 90’s if memory serves.

White and blue I believe? And yes, nothing more than a sanyang with a fairing trying to catch the bike fad of the day.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“joesax”]I haven’t seen one of these. Can you give any more details? Are you sure it’s not just a sticker (decal) that the owner had stuck onto an RZR, CB150 or CBR150?

If it is just a four-stroke 125, then I think the extra weight of the fairing would more than cancel out any aerodynamic advantage![/quote]

They were on the market here well before your time…From the early to mid 90’s if memory serves.

White and blue I believe? And yes, nothing more than a sanyang with a fairing trying to catch the bike fad of the day.[/quote]Sounds like the CB150. I’ve seen a few around and had a go on one. That one was a mess but I guess it was quite nice when in better condition. Didn’t a friend of yours have one of those? I seem to remember you showing me a photo of him on his bike.

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“MJB”][quote=“joesax”]I haven’t seen one of these. Can you give any more details? Are you sure it’s not just a sticker (decal) that the owner had stuck onto an RZR, CB150 or CBR150?

White and blue I believe? And yes, nothing more than a sanyang with a fairing trying to catch the bike fad of the day.[/quote]Sounds like the CB150. I’ve seen a few around and had a go on one. That one was a mess but I guess it was quite nice when in better condition. Didn’t a friend of yours have one of those? I seem to remember you showing me a photo of him on his bike.[/quote]

Different bike altogether, and wasn’t nearly is nice as the CB150.

[quote=“MJB”]Different bike altogether, and wasn’t nearly as nice as the CB150.[/quote]I guess that explains why there are hardly any “Aerowolfs” around any more! :laughing:

Great, now I’m going to have the theme music from “Airwolf” in my head all day. Dah da da da DA da dadada DA dah dah da da du …

I used to have one in 1994. They’re OK. Pretty slow as you would expect. Quite comfy. I’d be surprised if there are any still running.

Fairing and mag wheels on a farmer’s bike. The extra plastic just adds to the monotony of waiting for it to build speed. In case that was too boring for you they fitted it with the most pathetic front drum brake in the catalog.

In short, avoid like it had herpes.

[quote=“canucktyuktuk”]Great, now I’m going to have the theme music from “Airwolf” in my head all day. Dah da da da DA da dadada DA dah dah da da du …[/quote]I used to have the Airwolf game on my ZX Spectrum. Fiendishly difficult. One little nudge of the cave wall with your rotor blades and it’s game over.