African Immigrants most Successful Ethnic Group in US (Beating #2 Indian, #2 E. Asian and #4 White)

Nah I’m not being serious just taking the piss

2 Likes

Jesus man. Use an emoticon! :runaway:

1 Like

You can say that about Asian immigrants too.

They self identify as whatever brings the most bennies.

The game was meant to be gamed.

I’m a bit confused. Is this an article about:“Take that, white Eurocentric patriarchy!” or is it trying to prove that all the talk of systemic racism that keeps minorities in check is bullshit?

1 Like

Exactly, if there was systematic racism worth talking about Whites would be #1 instead of #4. You wouldn’t have so many wildly successful minorities and immigrants who on average are doing better than whites.

1 Like

Maybe the systemic racism goes the other way.

Where’s the affirmative action for hillbillies?

Every asian parent is going to compare their kids to this guy now.

7 Likes

Damn…talk about ticking all the boxes…

2 Likes

Nigerians kick ass everywhere. Nigeria would be one of the wealthiest countries in the world if it wasnt so fucking corrupt. They have the human resouces, natural resources and population

There are certain cultures that just blossom once they get out from under their fellow countrymen.

Who are the corrupt ones? Foreign nationals? It’s still them. Nigerians don’t kick that much ass either. Indians are no.1 killers but I guess that’s just cause we are only letting in the cream of the crop from 1.5 Billion people.

You can be corrupted and highly educated at the same time.

I’m trying to unpack this but having a hard time.

1. How are you defining successful?
  2. The first article refers to level of education, not how level of education translated into income. The article goes on to state that many of those with higher levels of education were in the States as part of the “diversity visa program” from underrepresented nations. (i.e. there are less of them in the States).
  3. How is it valid to compare the median income of groups where such a disparity of numbers exists? If I have 1000 people from one group making $55000 a year, and 10000 people from another group making $30000 a year, how valid is that?
  4. By ancestry or by race? The list you supplied is the “race” category of the census, while the article refers to immigrants (ancestry at best).
  1. How are you defining successful? In this case I’m only going by annual income level per the census mixed with level of Education. Though not full proof Education level and Annual income are a decent beginning to judge success. And yes there is the occasional Einstein or Zuckerberg that didn’t finish college and became successful. Everyone defines success differently so an Expertise in Basket Weaving, Dance Theory and Gender Pronoun Knowledge to me doesnt make one successful in my definition.

2. The first article refers to level of education, not how level of education translated into income. The article goes on to state that many of those with higher levels of education were in the States as part of the “diversity visa program” from underrepresented nations. (i.e. there are less of them in the States).
    Generally speaking level of education translates to a higher income, obviously it also depends on the degree and several other factors but most studies will show this is true, despite the 1 offs like Zuckerberg who made Billions, but I could argue he is highly educated as well.

3. How is it valid to compare the median income of groups where such a disparity of numbers exists? If I have 1000 people from one group making $55000 a year, and 10000 people from another group making $30000 a year, how valid is that?

By your logic One can’t even compare the wealth gap between Black and White Americans either. 1 Group has 70’s% White Americans(Mid range) of the Population, another group only 10% Black Americans(low income) and Asian Americans 4%s (Highest incomes). I can see the point of just seeing people as people without judging income disparity based on skin color, is that where you’re going with this? I’d agree as of course some Black people are high earners and some Asians low earners but were taking Federal Government Statistics here not my personal opinions.

1. By ancestry or by race? The list you supplied is the “race” category of the census, while the article refers to immigrants (ancestry at best).

We’ll the US Census breaks it down by race. In regards to the article are you saying that Nigerian Africans from Africa may be of a different Race?

Not sure whats so confusing…Im providing Charts of US Government Statistics from the US Census…Make of it what you will or warp it to fit whatever fantasy reality you want to live in dont really care

2 Likes

Isn’t the article just saying that immigrants from Africa are more educated than immigrants from other places and born americans?

Do you mean “correlated with?”

Does it though? When you are dealing with every group, and moreover underrepresented groups? If our sample size is below a certain threshold is this still valid?

You can, but you need to account for all the variables, as in any study. You also need to make sure your populations are representative, and perhaps introduce some element of randomness into your study in order to avoid bias.

Right now you’re comparing two things: a perfectly good article about African immigrants from underrepresented countries reaching high levels of educational achievement, and a Wikipedia article on the US census. You are then using these two articles to arrive at the conclusion that African immigrants are more “successful” as a group.

Sorry but I’m just not seeing that from the information you’ve provided.

Hats off to anyone who is successful - however that success is defined, but I’m really not following your argument. Much of it also revolves around the U.S. Census interpretation of “race,” which is a) completely up to the person responding to the Census and b) a completely unscientific concept.

Once Again, These are NOT “MY” Studies. These come directly from the United States Census Bureau with support from the United States Department of Treasury. Its obvious you’re triggered by the facts from the US Census Bureau and trying to suggest how I might fix my study and make it more accurate when its not my study.

Its a friggin link from the United States Census 2015 not my opinion make of it what you will, but you disagree with numbers from the US Treasury and Census Dept then warp reality in your mind to say its MY study and Im being Biased and suggest I change the numbers from the US Census…

So lets dont judge income disparity based on Race or skin color Im fine with that. Judge each person as they come by their character, integrity, personal achievements and actions. Everyones different and everyone has a great opportunity to make it big in the US. I know lots of poor underprivileged immigrants who made it rich in the US by fair and legal means of their own toil where they could never have done in their original country of birth either because of a Communist system or dictatorship or general lack of opportunity and corruption in their countries

1 Like

colored immigrants need or tend to be more educated than white immigrants, and immigrants in general need to be more educated than born American?