African Immigrants most Successful Ethnic Group in US (Beating #2 Indian, #2 E. Asian and #4 White)

It is ranked as the 27th-largest economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, and the 22nd-largest in terms of purchasing power parity.

Its just a corrupt country. Its the entertainment, economical and education powerhouse in Africa

I don’t think I’m mixing these two together. As I have specifically said “new African immigrants”.

I also doubt many African Americans would say they are of “South African ancestry” since A. South Africa didn’t exist, B. during the height of the slave trade, other African regions suffered the most, C. most African Americans could not trace their ancestry to a specific place or people in Africa.

Am I missing something? It’s got like 200 million ppl and is a smaller economy than Taiwan and you call that a powerhouse?

Question : As of last few years, the common thing has been to blame the MSM for creating racial animosity in the US.

Could it be that the MSM is a reflection of what’s been present? If so, how much of it is a reflection vs creation?

I also think having a homogenous society eases a lot of social tensions gives Them an advantage in reaching economic prosperity.

1 Like

Might want to put that in past tense.

That would appear to be the case. So, hypothetically, would America be better off if it reduced its minority population? How would change be measured?

Homogeneous societies give more social welfare. This is seen across countries and also across US states.

I don’t think that’s the answer for the US. I can only see it working for small populations who pretty much dominate in certain industries.

1 Like

What’s needed is good old fashioned assimilation.

This is snark/sarcasm/a joke right?

Also, that ship has sailed. America will be multiracial in perpetuity.

um…that was no pun intended right? :woozy_face::joy:

Never say never because (we never thought Trump would win, even though he called it in the 90s, for example) some people take ideas and run with them.

Did anyone actually settle there?

Good question. AFIK no but never say never. That was their first year.

Cool idea though. I think it will be more realistic to get tourists to go than actually getting people to live there. But I can see maybe getting some investments in as well.

2 Likes

Eh…well last two years I’ve been reading a few articles about AAs moving to Africa. Not sure if it’s Ghana. But some folks are moving back. As far as investments. I’m on the fence with that one.

I have mixed feelings about it the whole thing.

I have a feeling most AAs would hardly feel at home, back to their roots, and identify with the cultures in Africa. Even within African nations, you can find many different cultures of ethnic background.

1 Like

Maybe. But the idea isn’t new. Marcus Garvey did it back in 1800s.

I could see some positive benefits from it but I don’t consider Africa as a place of my roots as I need to know what nation my ancestors were brought from. But also what the other ancestry within us? I know there is Irish on my father’s side, not just from Slavery but well after it.

The idea is good but also makes me think it continues to marginalize AAs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/features/african-americans-moving-africa-180116092736345.html

1 Like

Correction: the Igbo people of Nigeria kick ass.
The other peoples of Nigeria don’t.