Aftermarket oil filter ok?

ah ic…pretty funny

[quote]Nonsequitur should I get the delta dash so I can datalog myself to see if it’s knocking? which and what do you recommend? I think I will just do ecutek and a DP…later maybe full exhaust…and then more much later…

so after the ecutek I will be using 98 always? or can I switch between 95 and 98? and dealer can see that I did ecutek how about I think the delta dash package I can switch back to stock map? is that a good idea[/quote]

You can use delta dash to monitor your engine although I think it’s a bit pointless unless you are doing the tuning yourself. The Ecutek tuner will probably tune your car to the conservative side anyways so knocking shouldn’t be a problem. As for the gas, you should always use 98 after modding your engine/exhaust/computer. It’s just safer. Using 95 shouldn’t be a problem since the computer can compensate for that but you can be sure you’ll be losing a few horses. Definitely use 98 gas when the weather is hot.

One thing I should point out about using piggyback computers on the newer rexs… the open/closed loop threshold is flaky at best and since the air/fuel ratio in the piggyback computer only kicks in when in open loop, this can lead to a dangerous high-boost/lean run situation. Ecutek and replacement computers such as the HKS F-Con V Pro don’t have this problem.

Edit: Oh… and “chabuduozation” will NOT happen at the Paradise Club while I’m there. :smiley:

hmm I am seeing a constant 700C on the EGT. with a peak of 780C, oil temp is 100c most of the time and as high as 120 I guess that normal…how about EGT ain’t that kinda high

Oil temps of 120C is ok. Try using a lighter weight oil like 10w-40.

EGT seems to be normal. When you change the rest of the exhaust and uppipe, you’ll start seeing higher temperatures.