Age of consent (2019 edition)

i understood, i was just saying judging by how my school friends turned out its probably not the best idea to be doing it at 16 even if legal.

also true for this case. the girls boyfriend was enough of a low life to have killed 3 old people and then deny it!

Yeah nah I agree for best results I’d recommend waiting until marriage. But generally speaking I don’t think there’s any good reason it should be illegal, and indeed in most countries it isnt.

You need to know how to quote better… In this context it sounds like you are saying there’s nothing illegal about running 3 people over… :laughing:

As the father of a teenage daughter I can tell you A LOT of creepy older dudes lurk on FB and Line, trying to start something with girls as young as elementary school age. We recently had to have a talk with my daughter about why her classmate’s “friend in Taipei” probably wasn’t a friend at all.

Japan in the 80s and 90s maybe had this explosion in teenage girls huuuring themselves out for money to buy designer goods. They had flyers of themselves and would put them in phone booths and other public places. Crazy hey

it could be illegal to date with someone younger than 18 in Taiwan, if the place and/or time is inappropriate for the welfare of young people and social order management.

Age of consent in Canada is 16- until 2008 it was 14, which is a little young, though Romeo- Juliette exceptions still apply.
Had two good friends; one was 17 when he started going out with a 15-year-old, the other was 22 when the girl was 17. Both couples got married when the girl was 19; saw them when I was back in Canada- both couples have been happily married for 45 years. It depends.

Neither where I come from.

I think sometimes it’s also up to the person. Some people mature physically and mentally earlier. Plenty of 18 year olds have the mental and even physical maturity of a 14 year old and some 16 year olds are probably a bit mature.

It’s not exactly like the day they are 18, they are adults. It’s really about the dynamics of the relationship. A 32 year old man with a 14 year old girl is probably inappropriate because the power dynamics skew too heavily to the man and it’s basically taking advantage of someone vs a mutual partnership.

Where as 17 and 22 isn’t always so far off mentally and physically and can establish a mutual relationship. Although I have to say, 16 and under is too young for an person past college for that to be a healthy relationship.

…why is one reason for the state to step in and regulate the matter. Not that we want to start an argument about economics, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: