Ah-Bian didn't pocket a single cent

Compare and contrast with Harry Truman, he got paid for writing his memoirs, but we should all get paid for writing our own memoirs if people want to read it. Truman didn’t cash in on his presidency, nor was he corrupt while he was president (he hated the Chiang’s and the Kung’s for how corrupt they were). Chen Shui-bian could have been a Harry Truman and set a precedent on how ROC presidents should conduct themselves. Instead, where corruption is concerned, CSB chose to be a Reagan, a Bush #1 and a Chiang. There were no laws preventing Chiang from pocketing money he was getting from the US. Slippery slope.

I find it hard to believe Chen is as clean as the driven snow. But let’s be equal in his jailing. If he is jailed for offenses that are common to other Presidents of Taiwan, then that is of course not justice.

Let’s dig up all the dirt on all of em.

Whose account, what account did CBS “pocket” from?

Who is the victim, natural or incorporated, who accused Chen of stealing from his/its account?

I’m still waiting for an answer.

I wrote a post for this thread, but decided not to submit it. Instead, I’ll just post a link to something I wrote a good while back, for whatever, if anything, it might be worth: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 48#p925048