Aierlan

Aierlan - Cafe in Taichia is a new place that I just discovered.

HUGE car park - Free

HUGE garden in the front with rock pool, swinging seats, grass (!!!), yes, real grass, and trees. It is beautiful.

The restaurant/ cafe is very spacious and not at all hick style. It’s classy.

Find it in 大甲 town (Da Jia) Tachia. Perfect for a break on a long trip from North to South.

A little more info Bassman? I’ll be down in Wuchi over CNY and might want to check this place out. What kind of food do they have? I know you’re not a drinker, but do you know if they have booze or is it strictly a cafe?
Oh, and how about an address, or at least directions that an idiot can follow?
Cheers!

[quote=“sandman”]A little more info Bassman? I’ll be down in Wuchi over CNY and might want to check this place out. What kind of food do they have? I know you’re not a drinker, but do you know if they have booze or is it strictly a cafe?
Oh, and how about an address, or at least directions that an idiot can follow?
Cheers![/quote]

Tachia Town. Coming in from Wuchi … hmmm. Over the Tachia bridge, at the forked road to go into town (traffic lights) Take the left fork following the main road. Turn left at the next traffic lights and you can’t miss it.

Food, everything from steak, hot pot, basic meals with rice etc. Coffee and all that jazz. They have wine, I know that much, so, I am thinking there may be other stuff too.

You can give me a call if you get lost.

I think they have a web address, but I’ll have to check that out.

With a name like that the Guinness should be good.

I had visions of the pint along with home-cooked stews, etc – for about 2 seconds until I saw it was a Bassman post. I haven’t been to Tachia very much but my in-laws live down the road in Wuchi. Wuchi is not the kind of place you immediately associate with international cosmopolitan good living, I’m afraid (although neither does the Emeral Isle, I don’t suppose).
Still, it’ll be interesting to see what they’ve done to the place that merits giving it such a name. Probably means they have Michael Flatley tapes playing on a loop. :wink: