✈ Air Canada | Air Canada is Really Affordable

My family has always flown EVA, Delta or Korean Air, but we flew between Vancouver and Taipei a couple of months ago on AC. It was a new 787 both ways, and we paid additional to upgrade to exit row seats. Service was very good. Standard meals were OK, but special meals were inedible. AC is a partner with EVA and Delta, so you can take your mileage on one of them. But be sure to check your mileage records after the flight. We elected to take EVA mileage, and were given half the correct mileage.

AC started the direct fights between Vancouver and TPE in early 2017. Brand new Dreamliners.

My mom is taking the same flight as my dad in a couple of months. She paid about 23,000 NT.

2 Likes

Done the TPE <-> YVR on the 787 a couple of times in both directions. It’s fine. But I’ll try to avoid it now since they classify this place as that other place.

1 Like

Another reason to avoid AC is their punitive 9 across seating on the 787 aircraft, which was designed to be 8 across in economy. Pack them in!

In this respect, though, AC is following the industry (sub)standard. I think only Japan Airlines has retained the 8 across seating on their 787 aircraft.

Guy

I am taking Korean Air to Canada this year. They took ALL country names off their website. Cities only now.

Oh and I paid $27000

2 Likes

Am flying them for the first time in 25 years this Xmas as a relative bought the ticket for me. :laughing: Can’t say no to a freebie. Usually they are my last preference (they very much favour the East over the West within Canada) but the route is the most direct.

When I worked in Canada as a civil servant, I’d always take WestJet.

What should I expect? :laughing: Has the service improved? They used to “PMS” on me decades ago when I asked for more booze.

Long follow up to say the Japanese carriers do the same, with regional groupings of cities to which they fly, and no countries named. It’s a brilliant workaround to the temper tantrums of you-know-who.

Guy

1 Like

Xidemort?

I call this the “no China policy”, and American carriers do the same.

1 Like

For Air Canada—the topic of this thread—we are simply “Taiwan, Province of China.”

Thanks a lot, “Canada, Colony of the UK and of France”!

Guy

Dominion of Canada to be correct.

1 Like

I’m personally inclined to list it like “Toronto, British Ottawa.”

Isn’t being in Taiwan a delight?

Guy

Shocking, just shocking :clown_face: :clown_face: Air Canada never ceases to amaze. Those old horny cougars!!!

:nsfw:World Famous ‘Penis Painter’ Gets Flight Attendants to Let Him Pose Nude in Aircraft Galley… And He Has Photographic Evidence (paddleyourownkanoo.com)

Aworld-famous penis painter who made it to the semi-finals of ‘Got Talent España’ with his unique but risque act managed to convince a couple of Canadian flight attendants to let him pose nude in an aircraft galley with other passengers sitting just a few feet apart

oughta be a lawsuit somewhere from a passenger

And right near food in the galley. I don’t want sausage near my breakfast. :clown_face:

What happens in Vegas apparently stays . . . on Air Canada?

Guy

1 Like