Air Canada Rouge

Has anyone here flown with them? I am a bit concerned about their online reviews. But the price is right.

Flown with them domestically. Only had our bags arrive late twice.

Planes are all Boeing 787s out of Vancouver.
All new and clean.
What have the reviews stated, aside from older flight attendants?
Their prices are dirt-cheap and should not be slighted, in my opinion.

Lots of delays, bad quality food. Not enough leg room. They do say service is great.

That is a problem internationally.

They did get the bags to us eventually, but I had to drive 45 minutes back to the airport to pick them up a couple days later. Very common experience - so much so I stopped checking a bag. Had similar problems here in Taiwan but they (EVA) deliver the bags to your door asap, the last time my bag arrived late it arrived to my door in Hsinchu in a Benz.

I don’t really have any other major complaints, though I don’t recall them flying new aircraft. You get what you pay for.

My dad came to visit last year via Air Canada. Round trip from Colorado to TPE for NT$18,000! He had a great experience and said the planes were really nice and modern. As @KHHville said, they are brand new 787s.

Caution, Air Canada is not Air Canada Rouge. One is mainline, one is an LCC.

2 Likes

Nice catch, didn’t even notice that. My dad flew Air Canada, not Rouge.

Now, Air Canada can be quite tricky with disclosing what you’re booking. Inadvertently people have booked a trip with multiple legs and a portion of which is on Rouge. There was a hashtag about it a while back… something about getting Rouged.

Sounds like they got the branding idea from the Khmer Rouge.

Good catch.

I was talking about Air Canada. Look up their prices. They are typically anywhere from $100-250 or even cheaper than the next big airliner flying to Taiwan.

Everyone I know who has flown these guys has said it was a brutal experience–folks packed in like crazy.

Guy

You can get some great prices from Canada to Taiwan via Air Canada - have booked recently, and unlike Rouge, the luggage arrived as expected. Will be using them again in May.

Yeap. There’s an absolute ton of capacity on the TPE -> YVR route. I guess they are banking on using TPE as a Star Alliance hub for further connections to Asia – especially SEA

Air Canada Rouge is not Air Canada. They do not fly to Taipei.

Guy

But, do they fly to TPE?

Rouge does not fly to any airport in Taiwan.

Guy

No but they fly to YYG, YHZ and YUL