Air conditioner servicing

Also looking for a service too. Landlord won’t pay for it, but I wanna clear out the mould.

Hi
Not really, I asked my a/c guy but he said it was uncommon here and the price was crazy and I mean really crazy.
I found this kit sold by a local company but did not buy it or try it yet.

if anyone buy and try, please give a FB.

good luck

Former B&Q, current I-House (https://www.i-house.com.tw) offers this service, I forgot how much but they have a price list in their A/C department. Maybe below 1000 NTD per each unit.

Can you provide a direct link?

I have a central air system and got it cleaned recently, was 1000 per internal until and 2500 for the external system in including gas check. Got a discount to 4000 for 2 internal and the external.

There was nothing special in what was done, could do it yourself if you were willing to spend the time and risk death with the outside unit…

um, invest in a steam cleaner and DIY . its not so hard. the external unit does not really need cleaning anywhere near as much as the internal, so you could ignore it, especially if its perched 14 floors up like mine used to be.

1 Like

Any tips or links for how to DIY clean a Hitachi split system?

Yes. Call Hitachi and have their technicians do it. It is a work of art. Leave it to professionals.

The guy that came to my place used a high pressure water pump. For internal units that are easy to access so 3M aircon cleaner spray and elbow grease is usually enough.

The inside units are typically cleaned for hygenic reasons. The external unit is cleaned for efficiency purposes, if it’s a split unit in use for a couple of years or more then it absolutely needs to be cleaned.

A good way to prevent mold from building up is every time before you turn off the AC, switch your AC to fan mode and just let it blow for at least 10 minutes. This will help dry up the inside of the unit and make it less likely for mold to grow.

From my past experience, I’ve always contacted the company who manufactured your AC unit for a sanctioned, professional clean. Prices are usually per A/C unit and takes a few hours.

Thank you, I went there today and they do it for NT$2500 / unit.

Here’s the direct link, from the i-house (Ex-B&Q) flyer: https://www.089945.com.tw/pub/edm/160629_air/

It seems cleaning of the indoor part of an split AC is 2099, plus disinfection is 2399. The outdoor part cleaning is 1199, but it needs to be accessible.

If I understood correctly a table that is only in the printed flyer, the cleaning needs 2.5~4 hours for the indoor part and 0.5~1 hours for the outdoor part.

Currently you get 100NT vouchers for AC cleaning with purchases, only one usable per person though.

AC cleaning sprays are available, but just like the professional cleaning they require washing the AC inside area with water after applying the product. Thus you need to somehow catch the dirty water, and protect the floor, walls etc., which seems complicated without professional equipment.

I’ll try checking with our local Neihu AC and Plumber stores to compare.

The guys at SAMPO told me they have to come and take the whole unit away to be cleaned and it will be back in a couple of weeks. Hereby, I strongly suggest: DO NOT BUY SAMPO!

Hi are you still looking a cleaner for your
air-con

Are you still looking an air-con cleaner

Hi!

We’ve lived in our unit for 3 months now, and there’s constantly a lot of dust in the apartment no mater how frequently we clean it and we suspect it’s the aircon blowing it around. The aircon’s quite high (living in a loft unit, so it’s on the second floor level but because it’s a loft there’s no walkway towards the aircon in its positioning). We want to get the aircon cleaned thoroughly, but don’t know where to start looking for this type of service, nor do we know what brand the aircon is. Anyone have any suggestions for tradespeople who can do this and can anyone give me a ballpark of the price as well to expect? Thanks!

Do you know the brand?
Ours is Daikin and we had an issue with one of them.
Called up company hotline, set up appointment, guy came, and he showed how to clean the filters (which were the problem).
When I asked what the damage was, he said it was free (was expecting maybe NT$500 or so).

Anyway, try that avenue. If you can’t speak Chinese ask a local friend or maybe apartment security guard to help call up the brand hotline.

Don’t know the brand, I’ll try your suggestion though - the dust is driving me crazy, think it might be a dust filter problem. Thanks!