Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

I’ve been on xiaoliuqiu and the haze has been bad. You aren’t necessarily going to escape it there.

No, I basically want to enjoy my weekend doing some outdoor activities. Check CWB.

Today the air is not good in Taipei, even is holiday. Is people burning the “ghost money” or was going on, even in quiet days like this

For the last five days a haze has blanketed most of Taiwan, Most unfortunate.

And folks in Taipei have been furiously burning ghost money. I’m sure their ancestors will be delighted to see this thoughtful contribution to poisoning future generations. /sarcasm off

Guy

I was wondering if Taipei was always this bad. I was thinking of going up teapot mountain but I guess I wouldn’t have been able to see much, even with a mostly sunny forecast

It seems lots of people at home and work are coughing really bad recently, myself included. In the last 4 months I’ve had a cold two times as well, now it’s a coughing virus. I can’t stop myself thinking that something bad is in the air here, and those numbers don’t show everything. Sick place this.

1 Like

Sounds like TB and whooping cough mixed in with a hairball you need to get rid of.

Might be a throat infection. The pollution in Taiwan gives me throat infections, which causes me to dry cough a lot. Have to take penicillin for it.

My whole family got some kind of bacterial infection a couple of years ago that made us all cough. It didn’t go away until we took antibiotics.

1 Like

I had a respiratory infection for the past 2 weeks and finally just got over it.

My wife has been coughing for almost a week now. Maybe she needs to go see the doctor.

Finally, after umpteen > 100 AQI days in Taipei a green day. I can open up the windows in the place.

Keep the kids off the streets! Not because of crime or drugs, because of pollution!

It’s when I hear and read about things like this that I’m very happy that we’re not in Taipei and right next to a mountain. We almost bought our place right next to the main road. It would have been a better investment but no regrets.

Yeah and CANADA is 3rd. :rofl:

1 Like

Dang, Taichung seems like a crappy place to be.

It’s all just a ploy to keep Taipei residents away :yum:. The reason I can’t see the mountains on so many days this year , must be fog. Reliable sources from London say that it’s much better than it was …statistically :slightly_smiling_face::wave:

2 Likes