Air pollution levels in Taiwan - grim reading

Zooming in I see your 55, but when I zoom in it’s really at the northern most tip of Taiwan.

aqi-north

Wind direction (argo link) might give a clue of the source of pollution.

1 Like

Hk is just as bad in the past couple of days!

You can all thank China for this.

Yes, was pretty bad today, late afternoon in New Taipei City I thought post typhoon, air is normally ok for a few days.

blame china? are you serious?

Maybe blame Hsin Chu.

if the pollution is spread out then you can blame elsewhere. if its hovering above taipei like it was today its pretty obvious where it came from.

Why is the pollution bad recently? A couple weeks ago it seemed fine…

It’s coming from the west.

It was pretty vile yesterday afternoon in Taipei.

1 Like

Did you not see the map?

Shiiiieet was that pollution??!! I thought it was fog

2 Likes

I went past Elephant mountain today and could barely see Taipei 101. Incredibly hazy / smoggy today.

When the taifun came the whole island got green <50 AQI.
Shortly after it moved north and pulled out the pollution out of China and it jumped over 150 AQI. Now it is going down slowly.

1 Like

Yeah China is some filthy muthficka of a place. Just look at it. A billion people stewing in their own crap. And farting it over at us.

Not that Taiwan would be any better if it had a billion people. Possibly worse ! :grin:

Fog doesn’t taste like that

i rode up a mountain and saw the whole view of taipei…with a layer of pollution hovering over it. i would offer you to do the same thing but i’m pretty sure you would even disagree with your own eyes. taiwan namba wan!

Pretty ordinary out there today. Maybe should invest in one of these zogmasks, had a spot of asthma last night for the first time in years…

Africa has a lack of data. In the report linked above, only a handful of cities have enough data to be included in the index of ‘cleanest’ and ‘polluted’.

Can you not see the screenshot I posted? It’s clear that this wave is from outside of the border.