Air quality in Taichung

But 3 years ago was the worst I’ve ever seen it. It’s totally random Gain. I don’t think it’s necessarily getting any better despite what some (((data))) says.

bAAblsJ

No you have not provided clear data. I on the other hand have posted a news article on how pollution was far worse in the early 10s.

Doesn’t this gif show that it has gotten a lot better since Lin became the mayor?

Lin??!!?.
I’m not trying to make this a political thing.

The graph shows it has gotten better, but the reality of living here doesn’t match up with the graph.

You’re breathing your clean euro air right now Gain. Mr. Jones and I are stuck here sucking back the fumes from the coal plant. Why are you trying to fight us on this?

I don’t trust any data from Taichung govt…if independent and they show EXACTLY where and how those measurements were taken (and not lumping in hehuanshan and guguan after Taichung county became a city ) then they are worth a look.

1 Like

The data are from multiple stations across Taichung city. They are not lumping in Hehuanshan and Guguan.

I think it totally does. The thing is you live near the power plant and that obviously doesn’t help. In the city it has gotten much better.

That’s a myth. London’s air quality is not good. It almost reached red alert (AQI>150) on Friday while Taipei has been green for like the whole month (apart from a couple of days).

Those elitist northerners are always sucking back the clean air.

That’s fucked up. Do people wear masks? (Real ones and not this surgical bullshit)

London has bad air quality but I sincerely doubt anything that approaches Taichung on a regular basis. Have lived in both cities. You don’t get that same nasty haze like in Taichung really.

I never said it was as bad as Taichung. My point is and has always been that Taichung’s air quality is improving, not that it’s better than London.

No they didn’t. No one mentioned anything. I think ppl are used to it. Oragne alert is not that uncommon.

Never lived in Taichubg but down in Pingtung where I lived for a long time, and kaohsiung/tainan I would agree that its similar to the timeline gain is talking about. I noticed 15 years ago, maybe 10, it started kind of getting better. That was a time when things started moving to China quickly and the gov started doing some social projects like cleaning up rivers, building some sidewalks and planting trees. But I have also noticed the last few years in the SW of taiwan at least its gotten BAD. 10 years ago no one would walk along love river, now we can. But its going in reverse lately. It got so insanely bad that I literally packed up everything, moved house and company to taidong. Money is way less but I can see the mountains.s and some stars, worth every penny lost workin g in the west.

In the end we can live In a toxic environment to make money, but its truly ignorant to think you won’t be spending a lot more on health expenses In the future. Flawed logic.

South west Taiwan has brutal pollution in the dry season. Literally face burning, skin condition, breathing issues type brutal.

1 Like

Literally every time I’ve visited Pingdong over the last few years it’s been bathed in haze. It’s really bad there and that’s a great pity because it is a very beautiful and underrated place.

Gain, you seem to badly want to convince everyone that Taichung’s air was worse before, and you simply can not accept the opposite opinion. What’s your agenda? IMO, it doesn’t matter wheter the air was even worse before or not. What’s important is that its still bad now and policies need to be implemented which will improve it in the future.

1 Like

I cannot accept the opposite opinion because from my observation, it’s completely not true.

That’s my point. It’s not really that bad now. It’s not great, but this year it’s been pretty ok.

It’s been pretty okay means what exactly ?
Anyway Winter is coming let’s see how they fare this year !

Usually by this time (end of November) it’s already really bad.

Fair enough. But for others, they can’t accept your opinion because for them, your opinion is completely not true. You won’t be able to change their minds and they obviously won’t change yours.

:ponder:

1 Like

I don’t know whether it was worse or better. I’d tend to believe that it’s getting worse for the reasons already given, but it well might be the case that some areas are worse and some better, but we know there are more cars and more coal is burnt. @Gain seems to have a stronger political bias than other people who argue the contrary than him like @Brianjones, but given that @shiadoa refers to him as blowjob I don’t know what to think anymore.

Bridget Jones …Bridget Jones

1 Like

Out of curiosity I have asked a friend who lives over there. She’s been in TC since 1999 and says that now it’s worse than before, although these election days it’s been slightly better.

Addendum: she sounds a bit paranoid about this, although she says that it might be just coincidence: she says that pollution was much better right before the elections and now after the elections is shit again.

2 Likes

Gain is talking about herself in terms of being stubborn. She can believe what she wants to believe and the rest of us can also believe the opposite if we choose to.

1 Like