Air quality in Taichung

@gain is not a woman.

I mean… It’s absolute fact that the amount of coal, oil, and LNG burned every year for Taiwan’s energy supply has increased several fold over the past few decades. And that the % of the energy supply produced by fossil fuels has increased over the past decade.

I don’t know where the air quality stats are but how is it possible that things are so much better when the sheer amount of CO2 pumped into the air is demonstrably much higher.

1 Like

But maybe there’s more wind now :grinning:

The CO2 is a BIG problem for global warming, but it’s the carbon particles along with the sulphides and metals that are literally killing people locally.

2 Likes

That’s just ridiculous.

Yeah, for obvious reasons we’ve been focusing a lot on CO2 but that’s not the only problem we have. Actually CO2 is good for vegetation. When I moved to Taiwan I start to think about the relation between high levels of CO2 and high levels of green :slight_smile: . Well, soon after I read some news about a research saying that the higher the CO2 in a place, the more plants there.

It seems like some conspiracy theory shit, but it’s actually true.

1 Like

No it’s not.

That’s what she feels the situation is. What do residents say? maybe @shiadoa and blowjob can tell us. Probably you can’t because you don’t live there!

Bil-At Kir-Zal Za-A-Kam Ki-Aga-Du
Kas-Du Da-Ra-Es Mu Ga Im-Mi-In
Nin-Ana-Si-Anna Ga Sa-Ga-Ar
Za-A-Kam Ne-Su-Ub-Du Ne-En-Mu Ga Sa-Ga-Ar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkhZpMo2-0I

This

I don’t give a rats ass about global warming if I’ll be killed by some vascular disease or some type of cancer in 20+ years. And that’s if I’m lucky.

I’ve already said. I was a resident there until very recently.

Idk what to tell you.

I guess let’s keep this thread active and when December/ January hit we can see if you’re still correct that the air is in fact getting better.

I hope I get BTFO and you’re the one who’s right, but I don’t think that will be happening.

You said that what my friend said about these last days is ridiculous. I’m saying that you can’t really tell because you aren’t there.

Not if we start cooking under it.

Nah… if the moisture is enough what will happen is that we will have jungle everywhere. And I like the idea.

We already have jungle everywhere . You want MORE jungle?

Er… yup :slight_smile:

There are many apps to moniter air quality. It has been fine over the past month.

The average PM 2.5 went from 30 in 2013 (the worst year, as you were saying) to 19 this year. He is essentially a weather forecast reporter. He had no incentive to lie.

If you want to keep saying that the statistics are fake then I don’t see why we’re even having this discussion. The sensors have not been moved.

Which sensors are we talking about.

image image