Air raid drill NORTH TAIWAN Taipei, Keelung, Yilan, Taoyuan, Hsinchu TODAY at 1:30pm

You were told.

The Northern Areas included today in the drill extends to Yilan County, Keelung, Taipei City, New Taipei City, Taoyuan City, Hsinchu City, and Hsinchu county, according to CNA.

They included Yilan in the North? I thought we were scheduled for Wednesday.

why didn’t you post that years before when i needed it?
it was quite embarassing being waved over by officers at every intersection and riding on like everything’s normal. eventually i found out i had to stop and wait. boy i was glad nobody gave me a ticket. the fines could be even heavier than for a DUI

Is the alert at the top of page new? I like it.

4 Likes

“Wan An” (晚安?) is a very good name for such an exercise. If China really attacks… then it’s “good night” :scream:

Every year we post it.

Every year someone forgets, or gets delayed, or just gets caught in a bus or MRT station.

Every.single.year.

1 Like

as a foreiger who’s not used to that, it’s quite easy to forget. i’m thinking about the ntu/ntnu campus, they should be exempt of this non-sense drill

just read that we are s’posd to turn off all our electricity and gas. is this new?

be an amazing cash grab for the gov if they could actually monitor your usage during the time period and fine (30k-150k)accordingly.

Where? I’d guess they meant in the event of an unscheduled alert.

Talking about alers, they will test an air raid cellphone alert, so expect one.

one of the local e-rags.

1 Like

You are allowed to zoom around as long as you are wearing a mask, skates, and a PRC flag. Then you become part of the drill.

Uhhhhh I’m nowhere near home. Turning off the gas ain’t happening.

This seems so bizarre! How are newcomers to Taiwan supposed to know about this if they aren’t on forumosa

They aren’t. Then they’ll get huge fines. Who do you think pays for the national health system? People’s taxes? HA.

1 Like

That’s a cock up by that news site. No way that’s happening.

:open_mouth:

NO way I am turning off the AC

FROM MY DEAD COLD HANDS

(this is a complete sentence, stupid software)

Yep. Just got one.

Same here. Right on the dot too.