Air raid drill

So, this afternoon on my way home Mr. Pie was walking on the street and something was different, it felt kind of strange … no traffic … ???

As I neared my home I saw some people just standing there and sitting around, cars stopped and people sitting on scooters and bikes, some were just pushing their scooters … couldn’t be a mass out off gas… could it?

A little further two cops showed up and were gazing at me like cows that actually saw the first train ever pass by … but nobody said anything … Mr. Pie was still walking on the street … but hey I was carrying my umbrella and these cops possibly took it for a bomb proof one … anyway I got home without any further disturbance when it struck me … air raid drill … how could I have missed that? :laughing:

On the gazing at you like cows that have never seen a train, I swear to god when I was walking home everyone EVERYONE even the yonger well dressed type who rarely do it, did the full faced stare and floowed me with their heads as I walked by. Add that in with the lack of cars and it felt so twilight zone. I am glad my honey was there to fill me full of shabu shabu and tell people to quit staring at his lunch.

have you been drinking SAF? your post makes little sense to me … :s

i was stuck at Taipei Main Station with about 10,000 pissed off travelers. the group was about 10 minutes from overthrowing the station management.

I was stuck at the MinChuan Station. Not as many people but definitely hotter than hell. It would have made for a great bodycount for a PRC cruise missile. Morons.

Goddamnit, that’s two years running I’ve missed that fecking thing. What time was it?

2PM. It was thrilling.

I don’t understand it.
People KNOW the exact time it’s going to happen. Why can’t they just stay off the MRT or buses for 30 minutes. I was looking out the window at work and there was an entire bus pulled off right in front.

You know what puzzles me about this? I know exactly where I was at 2pm this afternoon - right in the center of Taipei, just down from the train station on Nanyang St. - and I know for a fact I didn’t hear shit. Not a bloody peep. You’d think an air raid siren would be a bit bloody louder than that.

I don’t know about you guys, but it was pretty obvious to me (anyways) as I was driving to work in ChungLi. Cops on every corner. Doesn’t it always happen at around :50? I’m usually struggling to work at that time, like today.

It’s all bogus anyway, They would be better off saving us taxpayers money by nailing a few speakers up at every intersection. Blare out the sound, and everyone go thru the motions.

Well, I missed the warnings and was on a bus on the way to Mucha. And I am glad I was. The bus driver was really great and kept us entertained with stories, and he even got out a little brush and shovel and swept up on the bus. He told us his wife has a job with long hours so he helps out at home, he’s used to cleaning. We parked under some trees and some took a nap and others shared snacks. If we had been bombed I would have died content.

I had no clue about it until my colleagues were looking out of our 9th floor office window and pointing down. It’s kinda cool to look down & see totally NO cars/traffic/people on the street for 30 minutes. Surreal, like a movie set. This country is getting more & more interesting for me. Earthquake, typhoons, air raid drill. What next?

The thing that was funny … everyone else was hiding or just sitting there … and Mr. Pie was just walking the street, no cop that said anything to me … only to the Taiwanese … but then what would they care if a big nose got bombed … :laughing:

I was heading to the FAP to renew my ARC. As I was riding I could see the cops at all the intersections. I knew the sirens were coming. I drove as fast as I could. Got stuck at an intersection about halfway to my destination. Oh well.
ps. They didn’t want my health check, what a waste of money/stool sample. :astonished:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
It’s all bogus anyway, They would be better off saving us taxpayers money by nailing a few speakers up at every intersection. Blare out the sound, and everyone go through the motions.[/quote]

You mean like this speaker they have nailed up outside my livingroom window. Yes, it wonderful. Community announcements at 10:30PM and early on Sunday mornings. Wonderful.

I do hope all the good teachers are showing their charges this famous dril from my childhood…

The Ol’ Duck & Cover

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I do hope all the good teachers are showing their charges this famous dril from my childhood…

The Ol’ Duck & Cover[/quote]

Taiwan style is much better … safer … creative … uhm … :slight_smile:

Thats funny !! :bravo: :bravo:

That looks like a rave bust drill.

Ok kids, when Apple Daily shows up along with the police at your local rave, assume the position!

Why is there a row of giant hamburgers at the back of the room? And why aren’t they being protected?