Air raid drill

Taiwan is great simply for the entertainment value.

Imagin following:

Teacher: oh, hear air riad sirene, come on let’s move all the desks and chairs to the back of the class and than take your seat cover and go sit in the middle of the classroom … bambambam! all dead by the time they moved all the desks … and if you don’t have a seat cover you can use your math book … oops :laughing:

According to the Taipei Times the next one is at night.

10:30PM-11:00PM Tuesday night.

hey its all a game. its fun !! Play along.

This next one is the first one at night. We are supposed to be off the streets, and are to turn out all lights for half an hour.

Can’t think of anything to do in the dark for half an hour. :ponder:

All depends on WHO you will be in the dark with for 30 mins? I think its a secret govt ploy to increase the declining birth rate !!

Did you read that the unversities here for the first time have more places then applicants??? That may be one reason they plan to let in Chinese students from PRC study here.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]This next one is the first one at night. We are supposed to be off the streets, and are to turn out all lights for half an hour.

Can’t think of anything to do in the dark for half an hour. :ponder:[/quote]

Oh no? what about … left hand, right hand … left hand, right hand … :smiley:

Party’s off…

Heaven forbid closing the night market stall for half an hour… the dangers involved for pedestrians caught unaware out in the street when the lights go out…

Reminds me of a National Geographic program about WWII, where they said many ships were sunk because Broadway theaters wouldn’t turn off their lights …

Big brother of the PLA, please bomb us during the day because at night we would be sooo INCONVENIENCED … hahahaha! :ponder: :bravo:

In this day and age, wouldn’t any missiles be guided by GPS or radar or something anyway? Lights off would make no difference if it’s homing in on a GPS coordinate.

My local channel actually ran a news reel accross the bottom of the screen with the information that Taiwan had called off a night time air drill because people didn’t want to turn off the lights. I guess it seems too rediculus to resist poking a litle fun, but I can remember being in Mucha one evening in August or July, when there was a power outage. Hotter than hell! If the bombs are really falling, you don’t have much choice, but if you’re only playing war? Why be miserable for no real gain?

It’s the lights only … not the aircon!

[quote=“Icon”]Party’s off…

[/quote]
They wrote “Perhaps”? There’s not much alternative available between day and night no?
Missiles can hit you any time per day I think.

I don’t even know where is the next shelter. Maybe just driving my scooter into the mountains will do.
Its a pity its canceled. How to prepare now!!!? :slight_smile:

The ""how to survive a missile attack “” strategem lags far behind the missiles technological ability to find you…basically we are still at the ““when you see missiles coming at you…adopt the crash position as on an aircraft…roll yourself into a ball…put your head between your knees and…kiss your ASS GOODBYE”” stage :slight_smile::slight_smile:

[quote=“tommy525”]The ""how to survive a missile attack “” strategem lags far behind the missiles technological ability to find you…basically we are still at the ““when you see missiles coming at you…adopt the crash position as on an aircraft…roll yourself into a ball…put your head between your knees and…kiss your ASS GOODBYE”” stage :slight_smile::)[/quote]True, but I would feel much better if they had the chance to rehearse rescue operations at night. Conditions vary a lot, and while serious missile defense is still an utopia, the military would still be in charge of going through teh rubble, transporting wounded, maintaing order… Doing this in a real-like scenario like the middle of teh night would help polish those survival strategies.