Airasia X transfer experience

Hi,

Question for the folks that have ALREADY experienced it. I have two bookings to fly to Krabi, one Taipei to Kuala on Airasia X, one Kuala to Krabi. I have no check-in luggage. Is there and can I use the transfer counter in Kuala Airport and avoid immigration ?

All normal airport do it, just curious for the LCCT terminal in KL.

Yes you can avoid immigration. As you exit the plane at LCCT (walking across the ramp), you’ll pass through some glass sliding doors to enter the building. There will be signs to go left for transfer, and straight (up the escalator) to exit via immigration and enter KL. With/without check-in luggage, both of these will work.

Once in the transfer section, if you need wifi and want to sit down, go to the bar. You don’t have to drink beer, can order a coke or snacks, and watch the flat screen TVs. Their are a couple snack bars, shops, duty free, and a Dunkin’ Donuts.

If you have more than a few hours, consider to exit immigration, where you’ll find starbucks, mcdonalds, white coffee, ATM machines, and some asian food restaurants. If you have 5 or 6 hours, consider getting a room in 2 hours blocks at the Tune Hotel just across the parking lot. Make reservation in advance. There is a 7/11 and ATM at the hotel. The airport is really to far to go into KL, unless you have 10-12 hours or more.

I fly through LCCT frequently (and many other airports) and just passed through their again just a couple days ago.

By the way, LCCT is scheduled to close by the end of the year, and the budget airlines (Air Asia, Cebu, etc.) will move to a newer facility over on the other side of the airport 1.5km from the main (KLIA) terminal.

Have fun!

[quote=“tango42”]Yes you can avoid immigration. As you exit the plane at LCCT (walking across the ramp), you’ll pass through some glass sliding doors to enter the building. There will be signs to go left for transfer, and straight (up the escalator) to exit via immigration and enter KL. With/without check-in luggage, both of these will work./quote]

Thanks mate. You confirm that this worked for you with two connecting international flights with DIFFERENT bookings ? I insist on this because I don’t have a Taipei to Krabi via Kuala but independent bookings.

Hmmm… DIFFERENT bookings… I’ve never stayed in the airport with different bookings. I’ve always exited and gone to the hotel as the time difference between bookings was long. Sorry, can’t be more help. Guess you need to figure out how to get that second flight boarding pass. Let us know how it goes.

Tango, do you have a link for making reservations for 2 hour blocks at Tune? I googled “Tune LCCT” and the website it took me to only mentioned 3 hour blocks between 9am and 6pm. I have a long early am layover there in August, and a little sleep in an A/C room instead of on a park bench outside like last time sounds nice.

My bad, I did 6 hours in two 3 hour blocks (not three 2 hour blocks).