✈ Airlines | Cathay Pacific

Singapore also had a lot there, including most of their A380’s, presumably most of the SQ birds have since departed.

They are collecting biometric data in the name of “minimizing contact” due to COVID . . .

An extension of the PRC surveillance state, I presume? Digging a bit, I found this 2021 report:

An extension of the PRC surveillance state, I presume?

Guy

United does this on flights out of SFO to TPE.

The bigger question is what happens to the data and how it’s used. Apparently they changed the rules in HK to eliminate time limits to delete it, and are now authorized to share with third parties (you can guess who this might be in today’s HK SAR).

Guy

I can’t find anything on what is happening at SFO. No one questioned it of course. It’s tied to ticketing but you need to show your passport? Odd, and the gate agents were busting people’s chops about not having their passport signed, making you sign it on the spot if you wanted to board. Flights through China I’m assuming they have everything and I avoid it anyway.

1 Like

Can you opt out and have your boarding pass inspected manually? If not, that’s ridiculous.

I don’t know, but they already had your face matched to your boarding pass so it’s moot right? I don’t remember ever giving anyone permission for that, but I don’t read typically read terms and conditions of everything so…who knows, it’s odd.

Transit, need scan passport and photo at security.

CX food, getting back to normal Taiwan

2 Likes

Looks like you are up in the Wing, near HKIA Gates 1-4.

I hope you enjoyed your flight!

Guy

3 Likes

Yes, nice lounge area. Open area now, since other lounge is not open.
Nice hummus and wines

3 Likes

In HKIA, CX shut down the Bridge, which I favoured.

But the Pier is still open, right?

Guy

Tbh, the bridge besides the long bar, nothing really special. I do love the shower suites at the wing first class section. Amazing.

The pier, jeez, their resting suite with apron view are a joy, and the service restaurant very good (used to be). The good ol days of grifting at the airport

2 Likes

I liked the coffee-and-cake zone at the far left area of the now-closed Bridge.

I felt its loss accutely as I sat in the Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge at Tokyo’s Narita Airport, surrounded by alcoholic drinks I do not consume and salty snacks to accompany those drinks. :joy:

Guy

Those were good times while they lasted. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

It can be challenging at times indeed…

When (in the case of the Sakura Lounge) those are the only drinks available (even the coffee machine was out of service, and no mineral water was available), it can be annoying more than challenging!

Guy

Some choices

2 Likes

I don’t drink wine. :joy:

Guy

man, it hurts me reading this…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, it just means more wine for you!

But dear lounge managers please also have the coffee machine and mineral water available for folks like me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like