✈ Airlines | China Eastern

1 Like

Yikes. Crashing into a mountain isn’t going to be optimistic to find survivors. But here’s hoping for the best of course.

1 Like

There are images of fire…

As it’s not in the article, here is a video of the fire afterwards for anyone interested

Yeah, not many chances of surviving that.

Jay-sus.

Straight down. That’s bizarre.

3 Likes

Was this a Max or an earlier (i.e. more stable) 737?

Guy

a 6-year-old 737-800, and not a Max

1 Like

Wow I knew the dive was fast, but that’s crazy. Could that be anything other than pilot-controlled (whether intentional or not)? Or at least some sort of malfunction that steers it in that way – with the rudders or whatever other steering surfaces – engine failure and the like isn’t gonna do it

Pilot suicide? :thinking:

1 Like

Still safer than riding a bike or walking a crosswalk in Taiwan.

2 Likes

No idea and I imagine we’ll never know. Could be a little 9/11 action, could be shitty maintenance.

Germanwings Flight 9525 comes to mind, though it was a shallower crash, compared to this nosedive.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like that to me, unless the hills of Guangxi have suddenly assumed strategic value for Beijing.

Plus this:

Source: Chinese Boeing jet crashes in mountains with 132 on board, no sign of survivors | Reuters

Guy

1 Like

I will never fly Boeing

Not only do they seem more prone to crashes, the company takes zero responsibility

I think we should wait for more details about this crash before deciding that it’s Boeing’s fault. They have done enough bad things over the past while without having to add new fictitious ones.

Guy

1 Like

They found one of the black boxes.

1 Like

:rofl:

Boeing has a better safety record than Airbus, and most crashes are caused by human stupidity.

2 Likes

The handful of pilots I’ve come upon at parties in HK and Taiwan all say Boeing is much better than Airbus. Airbus sounds like a buckets of nuts and bolts rattling when flying.

1 Like