✈ Airlines | Eva Air

I believe you.

1 Like

Emirates/Qatar has always served me the best Indian food. It tastes way better than most Indian restaurants in Taiwan (not to mention, getting the same meal in an Indian restaurant here would cost ~600+ NTD)

3 Likes

Used to fly ANA alot when I lived in the States and made the mistake of taking the Japanese option. That was disgusting, cold runny egg.
Most airlines have a steak or fish option so I stick to that.

Frankfurt Lufthansa lounge is nice. Proper places to take a nap on a layover.

Best economy-class food I’ve ever had was New Zealand Air from HK to Auckland in late-2000s. Italian meal, with red wine. The missus and I were extremely surprised on how good it was. Only time we’ve flown that airline. Wonder if the same.

1 Like

Everybody. A few days after we got back to Taiwan we found gift certificates from EVA in our mailbox. I forget the amount. $50 each? Still haven’t used them.

Their telephone center is a fucking joke. I’ve been calling for an hour and all the lines are busy.

When I get connected I will yell and abuse whoever gets my call.

May I please send you some German abuses by personal message, so you can add those on my behalf? Thanks.

PS: Good luck with whatever you need from EVA

2 Likes

just like other airlines around the world… .let go many of back office during COVID and now not prepared for the onslaught of demand for their flights and various services, like call centers. Most likely many of those fired just not going back to work and will become stay-at-home. One of my buds’ wife is Eva Air stewardess and he said she won’t go back even if flights are normal.

2 Likes

I called China Airlines the other day and I got connected immediately. Idk wtf is wrong with Eva.

Have you tried the English language of Eva’s help desk. Told my wife to do that, and it seems to get connected quicker, and then she just talks in Chinese, and the person on the other end appears “happy” to not have to practice whatever level of English they have.

1 Like

I tried that and all the lines were still busy.

Dam dude that’s how we all used to fly except they had a projector and showed up to two in flight movies on long flights we all had to see

And looked forward to seeing as in flight movies were cool

4 Likes

Yeah cause no doubt that front line staff is the one in charge of staffing numbers.

Put otherwise: be nice!

Guy

1 Like

Yes, and there was a smoking and non smoking section on planes at the time!

1 Like

An incident taxing at Vancouver International Airport, which was uncharacteristically blanketed in snow:

Guy

Of potential interest to some forumosans:

Guy

The lounge they have at Narita is so so (ANA lounge), too small for the A380 sitting out in front of the window now (A380 Going to Daniel K. Inouye International Airport). The A380 seems busy, as at the Inouye International Airport earlier now Narita and back (I flew Hawaiian to narita). Anyways back to lounges at Narita the Japan Air one is good as lots of open space and better food.

1 Like

Well, had 2 days ago one of the best flights of my life: TPE-MXP (one of the new European direct flights) on their 787. Lovely airplane, lucky I got enough miles to get upgraded to business, and the business on Eva is basically a first class on many other airlines.

Food was amazing, ordered online the din tai fung special spicy shrimp wonton noodles. Outright some of the best food I had in the air and some of the best Chinese food in general.

The seat was comfy (I’m 188cm) and I managed to get 8 solid hrs of sleep. Crew was professional and attentive, flight was on time.

8 Likes

It’s always nicer at the front of the aircraft, isn’t it. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

I flew Eva to and from JFK. The $800 business class food deal was terrible. Ew.