✈ Airlines | StarLux

Air China

1 Like

Then wouldn’t I have said Air China? And Air China is not with sky team.

I hope that too if they survive long enough.

technically CX operates some flights originating from TPE to Japan (NGO and TYO) and has a small station in TPE with own operated lounge, crew station and ticket office.

Also JL operates many flights to and from TPE and TSA, then AA also flies to the states from TPE.

But I get what you mean.

1 Like

“China air” made me think of Air China first… Never mind, not important

2 Likes

AA no longer serves Taoyuan, used to fly to San Jose

2 Likes

I heard a rumor that Delta was going to start direct flights between the US and Taiwan again, does anyone have more info on that? :thinking:

1 Like

There’s a dedicated Delta Airlines thread; I posted about this development and there is also some discussion about it, starting here:

Guy

4 Likes

Good experience this week with adding family to a family account. Only required photo of HHR and passports and was done within 24hrs, not the 14 days it mentions online.

1 Like

First Taipei-Chiang Mai flight today.

1 Like

it’s a bit of hit or miss with their systems.

In my case for miles accrual the NGOTPE flight was immediately credit, while the KULTPE flight never went through (even if flew one week earlier) and had to send a complaint on their feedback tool. It still took them 1 week to credit.

1 Like

Did you get any response regarding the Starlux meal snafu discussed upthread? I’m curious to know how the company responded.

Guy

1 Like

nope, nothing at all. Wife very pissed off still

Interesting, good to know. We’ve got our flights for holiday next time I’m back so interested to see how it goes.

2 Likes

do you guys think Starlux can join oneworld any time soon?

I doubt they would be allowed as Cathy will likely veto them joining. It’s unfortunate because Alaska was allowed to join with American Airlines backing them. I doubt Cathy will be as forward thinking. But it would honestly be a perfect fit for one world.

2 Likes

Seems unlikely - they don’t have much of a history, route network, or ties to the network. Maybe if they establish a strong feeder w/ codeshares to another member, they’d join as an affiliate. But not anytime soon as a partner airline.

Alasaka had a much stronger route map and a much tighter relationship w/ them already.

1 Like

Supposedly names of airlines:

Do you guys think forumosing on phones is working out? :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

Of potential interest to forumosans:

These guys are really all-in on service to Japan.

Guy

4 Likes

Well, there is traffic to JP, they just also opened their 2nd lounge at T2 in TPE.

1 Like

:astonished:

Guy