AIT registering Americans abroad?

Hi,

Reference:
ait.org.tw/en/uscitizens/Tra … ration.asp

AIT is offering a method (via Dept of State) for travelers or long-term overseas residents to register with them online. This may have been in effect for some time, and I just noticed it. Not sure. I’m curious if anyone has experience with this requirement / process, or any comments.

Thanks,

Seeker4

Don’t do it. It’s just a means of control. They intend to implant a chip in your ass to keep track of you. It’s all in the Patriot Act. The truth is out there!

You know, I had an inkling of that myself … partly why I asked. Can I pick a new place for the chip??? I saw your photo with your post. Were you able to discern this information with those extra sensitive ears of yours, or from some other source? :laughing:

We had a voter registration table at our gig on Saturday and I can personally attest that everyone who did it had a chip implanted in their arse.

Which method of insertion was used?

Sandman, sorry I couldn’t make it to your gig, we had a minor rain-induced catastrophy going on at home so I couldn’t leave the wife and kids behind … I heard it was phantastic, when’s the next chance to see you guys? Xpet.

US citizens can access this site for forms and instructions regarding absentee voting.

I did this online many months ago. No problems here. I think it is good in case of disaster or war in Taiwan, they might actually send the marines to go looking for you. I want to give them my GPS coordinates to so they can send in the helicopter for evacuations. Hahaha…just kidding, I will stay here if anything happens.

BTW, when you do things at AIT lately, they ask if you have registered with them or not. Last time I was there the lady acted like she was prepared to talk down to me and tell me I need to register but she was surprised that I already had and she didn’t believe me until she looked it up. Hahaha…real attitide problems at the AIT American citizens services.

OK, thanks.

In general (without rewriting some ancient post), can someone give me a short list here of what the AIT has to offer an American living in Taiwan? What I’m interested in knowing is for what purpose, practically and realistically, do Americans normally go to an AIT office?

American Citizen Services at AIT

[quote]In general (without rewriting some ancient post), can someone give me a short list here of what the AIT has to offer an American living in Taiwan? What I’m interested in knowing is for what purpose, practically and realistically, do Americans normally go to an AIT office?
[/quote]
In addition to charging fees just to call them about visas for your family or friends AIT has started issuing passports again instead of just notorization services. I personally try to avoid going to AIT as I get frustrated enough just going to the bank. I have flashbacks of a US Marine training camp every time I go in there, same mentality and everything.
Keep the faith, there may be a solution to our AIT problems.
Eric

As I traveled outside of the States over the years, I got used to notifying the Embassy or Consulate I was in country, wherever, and my travel plans. Besides evac possibilities (never happened), in case of a home-front emergency they could reach me (did happen).

With moving the registration to the State Dept. central computer it’s much easier to register now. And it’s about the ONLY thing that came from the PA that I can stomach.

OOC

[quote=“Boomer”][quote]In general (without rewriting some ancient post), can someone give me a short list here of what the AIT has to offer an American living in Taiwan? What I’m interested in knowing is for what purpose, practically and realistically, do Americans normally go to an AIT office?
[/quote]
In addition to charging fees just to call them about visas for your family or friends AIT has started issuing passports again instead of just notorization services. I personally try to avoid going to AIT as I get frustrated enough just going to the bank. I have flashbacks of a US Marine training camp every time I go in there, same mentality and everything.
Keep the faith, there may be a solution to our AIT problems.
Eric[/quote]

AIT in Kaoshiung offers excellent service. The people there are courteous, efficient and have the answers and contacts in Taiwan Gov’t offices, to solve most problems in a rapid manner.

I have had good luck in my dealings with them. I am not a US gov’t employee or an AIT employee. Just a private citizen who has moved to Taiwan, got married here and do business from here.

AIT has a number of services - FREE - to help with business in Taiwan.

The main contact at AIT Ksoshiung is Mr. Charles McClellan - fine guy.

As to AIT in Taipei, if I can’t say anything good about them I will not say anything. So, I will not say anything.

Of course, if one is a consistent irritant to the political scene or attempting to run a bogus NGO scam, one should rightly expect difficulties at either office. :wanker: