AJO Pizza / 98 club - Taitung County

An unexpected find, about 20 km north of Taitung city on Highway 11 (driving towards Hualien)…a small pizzeria/cafe/bistro with nice slices of Rome style pizza, prepared by Michel from Italy.

Very comfortable seating, trendy design, great friendly service, and fabulous pizza.

facebook: Ajo’Pizza
ajo_pizza2yahoo.it
ph: +886 89 531 808
+886 912 146 924

Xingchang N.98, Donghe
Taitung County

I second.

Michel is a really good guy and makes delicious pizza.

Just read on his Facebook page that he has closed shop and is moving to Dulan.

facebook.com/pages/AjoPizza … ts&fref=ts

Wonder if 98 cafe will remain open (two business sharing the same premisses), and not sure what food they will offer.

[quote=“John”]An unexpected find, about 20 km north of Taidong city on Highway 11 (driving towards Hualian)…a small pizzeria/cafe/bistro with nice slices of Rome style pizza, prepared by Michel from Italy.

Very comfortable seating, trendy design, great friendly service, and fabulous pizza.

facebook: Ajo’Pizza
ajo_pizza2yahoo.it
ph: +886 89 531 808
+886 912 146 924

Xingchang N.98, Donghe
Taidong County[/quote]

Hi everybody,
this is Michele, Ajo Pizza owner, I would update some info listed above:
I move my restaurant a few month ago, just 2 Km south, the new address is:
Taitung County, Donghe Township, Dulan 459-2, on east coast provincial highway n.11 at 144.8 Km
Ajo Pizza 新地址: 東河鄉 都蘭村459-2號, 11號省道旁145K.
The new location is close to Dulan Village, about 10 minutes walk from the Dulan Sugar Factory, welcome to everybody!
新的位置是靠近都蘭村,步行約10分鐘,從都蘭糖廠,

A worthy addition to Dulan, it’s on the northern edge of town just over the bridge. Easy to drive past, I did. Look for the Italian tricolor.

Michele is polite and engaging, and serves up some tasty food (we tried the pizza and he also had pasta that day).
My only gripe would be that the open plan of the shop had the dong-bei wind cooling my pizza in seconds (I do like a hot pie).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: