Al Qaeda Targets Europe NOT America, Interesting?

[quote=“robi666”]Who do you want to save and why?
And who do you think wants or needs to be saved?[/quote]

Robi, have you not gained anything from your exchanges with Fred, he has a simple philosophy and belief in life. The American way is all pervading and the only correct answer to any problem, any other solution or road is therefore incorrect. :laughing: :laughing:

I declare hereby once and for all, if we Germans seperate our waste (plastic, paper, organic), and then later it will all be burned in the same fire, this is no political extremism.

On the other hand I remember people shouting at me when I let the motor of my old BMW switched on during red light :astonished:

and they are right!!
of course you should wait in a new car at the red light

[quote=“bob_honest”]I declare hereby once and for all, if we Germans separate our waste (plastic, paper, organic), and then later it will all be burned in the same fire, this is no political extremism.

On the other hand I remember people shouting at me when I let the motor of my old BMW switched on during red light :astonished:[/quote]

I often got comments about that when working in Germany, what is it with this rule. Once i got told by a policeman to switch the engine off so that barely ten seconds later i had to switch back on again as the traffic moved, the level crossing gates were being lifted as i was told to switch off.

That probably created more pollution then just leaving the engine running.

Some of the other social rules in Germany were a little strange as well.

This is really annoying. My BMW those days was a real veteran with 200 000 km, and it just did not like having its motor turned off and then on again. Blup blup … that’s it.
There are signs at railroad crossings, telling you to switch off the motor, but I am not sure if they ever made this a traffic rule. At least, it will be covered by some general traffic rule prohibiting unnecessary pollution. It sucks, if you have an old car, with a new car for longer periods, no problem. But I find people turining off and on their motors in normal traffic sometimes, sssstrrrrange…

What other things were strange? Shop keepers? Restaurant personel?

obviously you don’t understand the system traveller
To save the financing of the pension system the government taxed gasoline.
The idea is not to save the environment.

Bob, nah small things like not being able to cut the grass on a sunday, or being able to wash the car etc, always assummed it had something to do with religion, but never asked.

Right! After 10.pm workdays, everthing must be quiet! On Sundays almost everthing noisy is forbidden. Has a religious background and leads to wonderfull relaxing weekends. Nevertheless, when I moved out of my apartment on a Sunday making some noise, I found it disturbing, I was breaking the law. They had just introduced a new law saying even such special activity is forbidden on Sundays.

Wash car: right, even using plain water is forbidden now. Found that strange too. Soap OK, but water?

Well, Germans always take things to extremes. It is typical for the country, I have to admit.
:blush:

You do all these nasty jobs yourself?
Just pay your neighbours kids to do it for you.

[quote=“robi666”]You do all these nasty jobs yourself?
Just pay your neighbours kids to do it for you.[/quote]

I wish, was surrounded by some real old farts for neighbours, one being a retired policeman. Eventually got them to cut the grass as they started complaining it looked untidy.

Well as long as we all agree that the Germans are evil… I am satisfied…

you stayed in a really bad neighbourhood

you are easy to please fred

Robi:

See I can be reasoned with. Now that we are all in agreement that Germany is an evil nation that lives beyond the hope of redemption, we can all get along. Now was this so difficult? Next time, I hope that you will make a bit more effort to meet me half way like this. Then, we really will be able to establish peace on earth.

you really convinced me fred
i guess i will change my nationality again

[quote=“robi666”]you really convinced me fred
I guess I will change my nationality again[/quote]

So before… you were … ?

Ostfriese? Holy See? Deutsche Demokratische Reppeblik?

ja of course you think must be Vaticano
i was Canadian before
but as it looks now i will become Austrian soon

On the airport, you should not always mix up the application forms for tourist visa and becoming a national…

Europe does have an Al Quaeda problem.

[quote]Madrid Bombers Trained at Bosnia-Based Al Qaeda Camps
Politics: 10 May 2005, Tuesday.

The terrorists that carried out the Madrid bombings in March 2004 have been trained at special Al Qaeda based in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The news was broken Tuesday by the chief of the local police department Dragomir Andan at a special press conference. RIA Novosti cited the top police chief as saying that all 11 terrorists left for Spain passing through Sarajevo.

It was also reported that the explosives used in the terror acts were produced in Bosnia.

A total of 192 people were killed and over 1,500 others were injured in the March 11, 2004 attacks in Madrid.
novinite.com/view_news.php?id=47563[/quote]

And considering that many of the al Qaeda cells were formed in Spain 10 years previous to any American involvement in Afghanistan or Iraq, then it would appear that as Osama has said himself, recovery of al Andalus was one of his key goals. That would be the former Muslim kingdom which encompassed Spain, Portugal and hell really even part of France no?