Al-Qaeda threatens China. Who do they think they are?

The Communists in China are oppressing the Muslims of 新疆 (Shin Jiang). It has been like this for a while. It surprises me that there haven’t really been any violent and irrational acts of Terrorism carried out yet by some of the more hardcore groups.

I think you’re right on the money there.

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]

Sorry, trick question- it’s already happened back in 2004:

[quote]The Pakistani government reiterated Monday that it would do its utmost to rescue two Chinese engineers held hostage by militants.

In an emergent meeting with Pakistani Foreign Secretary Riaz Khokhar on Monday, China’s ambassador to Pakistan Zhang Chunxiang said China was very much concerned about the kidnapping and urged Pakistan to take effective measures to guarantee the safety of the hostages and keep the Chinese side informed of the latest developments.

Khokhar said President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz paid high attention to the issue.

He said Pakistan would spare no effort in rescuing the two hostages, adding that President Musharraf had ordered the interior minister and the local governor to handle the crisis.

Negotiations for the hostages’ release are still under way and the Chinese embassy to Islamabad is closely following the issue.

In May, three Chinese technicians working on a deep sea port construction project were killed and nine wounded in a car bomb attack in the southern Pakistani city of Gawadar.[/quote]

english.peopledaily.com.cn/20041 … 59776.html

Negotiations continued for awhile, but eventually fell through. Pakistan security forces tried a rescue attempt and managed to save one hostage, but the other one was killed along with some of the kidnappers.

And China did nothing, because they realised, just like those wishy-washy Westerners, there’s not much they can do against underground groups operating in other countries.

english.peopledaily.com.cn/20041 … 59776.html

Exactly. Nothing that wouldn’t inflame hatred against China and create for them the same problem the west has.

Your link also brings up the point that since other repressive regimes can’t eliminate AQ there is no reason to think the Chinese would be successful. You think the Pakastanis, the Iraqis, and the Saudis aren’t torturing, murdering, brutalizing?

Why, I bet those Chinese have so little respect for human life that they’d send a drone to kill a terrorist even if they knew it involved killing his family:

nytimes.com/2009/08/08/world … ml?_r=1&hp

Oh right, that was that wimpy Obama that did that- maybe now he’ll get the guts to shoot some pirates…

cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … index.html

[quote]Al Qaeda tells China’s Uyghurs to prepare for holy war
updated 2:17 a.m. EDT, Fri October 9, 2009Next Article in World »

(CNN) – A high-ranking al Qaeda leader has called on China’s minority Uyghurs to prepare for a holy war against the Chinese government.

“There is no way for salvation and to lift this oppression and tyranny unless you … seriously prepare for jihad in the name of God and carry your weapons against the ruthless brutal invader thugs,” Abu Yahia Al-Libi said Wednesday in a video on an Islamist Web site. He delivered his message in Arabic.

[/quote]

Dream On, Al Q, you really want to attack the world’s most populous nation armed with suicide bombers and AK-47s? I hope they try it.

The Americans will never succeed in defeating Al Q. The Chinese are our only hope.

Damn…

[quote]Al-Libi regularly produces video messages and has, in the past, called on Pakistanis and Somalis to resist their “apostate” governments. He is considered one of al Qaeda’s top strategists and one of its most vocal leaders in its propaganda campaign

In his latest message, Al-Libi called on Muslims worldwide to support the Uyghurs. And he vowed that China will suffer the same fate that the former Soviet Union did when it invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s – only to be thwarted by Islamist fighters.

“To you, the state of atheism and obstinacy: You are coming to an end and you will face the same fate of the Russian bear of disintegration and division,” he said. “You will encounter the same defeat when your nation will fight in its own backyard the humble minority of Muslims who are stronger in faith.”
[/quote]

They sure do like to talk tuff. I’ll believe it if they really deliver on the attack they’re promising in Germany.

You should join PPCLI, and shut up, that’s wot ye should do!

Canadian values alone would tell you to stop ye gimmickry!

GingerMan,

I am genuinely fired up about this issue. China could probably take, and keep, Afghanistan, and I hope they do. We’d all be safer for it. Don’t you agree?

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]GingerMan,

I am genuinely fired up about this issue. China could probably take, and keep, Afghanistan, and I hope they do. We’d all be safer for it. Don’t you agree?[/quote]

What makes you think that? Their supply lines would be long and they don’t have the airlift capability (yet) that the US have, or Russians had. They would have to move all their supplies up through the mountainous region that has K2. You either go through Pakistan on highway G314 or through Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan on M41. There aren’t many other workable roads up there.

Such a blatant act of aggression that would unite all the Afghan tribes against them. Plus it wouldn’t be effective if half of Al Qaeda and the Taliban are in Pakistan being protected by the Pushtun. Are you going to suggest that they try and invade Pakistan next to go after AQ?

Why would China bother? Afghanistan is a rocky, backward shithole full of mouth-breathers who can’t get into the 21st Century. Plus, as mentioned, it doesn’t share a border with China.

LOL, the Chinese won’t do anything at all outside their own backyard. Al Qaeda could launch an attack on say Canada every week and they would yawn or probably laugh.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]

LOL, the Chinese won’t do anything at all outside their own backyard. Al Qaeda could launch an attack on say Canada every week and they would yawn or probably laugh.[/quote]

True, unless Al Q follows up on their threats to attack China, and China wants to eliminate the problem for good.

Africa would be a good battleground for China VS. Muslim extremists as well. Let’s hope they move it there.

[quote=“lbksig”][quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]GingerMan,

I am genuinely fired up about this issue. China could probably take, and keep, Afghanistan, and I hope they do. We’d all be safer for it. Don’t you agree?[/quote]

What makes you think that? Their supply lines would be long and they don’t have the airlift capability (yet) that the US have, or Russians had. They would have to move all their supplies up through the mountainous region that has K2. You either go through Pakistan on highway G314 or through Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan on M41. There aren’t many other workable roads up there.

Such a blatant act of aggression that would unite all the Afghan tribes against them. Plus it wouldn’t be effective if half of Al Qaeda and the Taliban are in Pakistan being protected by the Pushtun. Are you going to suggest that they try and invade Pakistan next to go after AQ?[/quote]

I don’t know, but at leasty China has manpower. A million Chinese soldiers on a suicide mission could accomplish more than 4000 Americans.

It’s a breeding and training ground for terrorism.

They actually do share a border. That sliver of Afghanistan that juts out on the North East of the country connects with China

“[color=#4000BF]Is Al Qaeda really that strong?[/color]”

They are so strong that their poster child is still roaming the countryside with a $25,000,000
price on his head … eight years running!

Apparently, all his friends and contacts would rather get his autograph than the bounty treasure. Imagine that kind of ‘personality power’!

The fact is … the guy’s long been dead and Al Qaeda is … a fabricated myth.

[color=#800080]burning jet fuel did this?[/color]

The primary beneficiaries of the AQ hoax are … the real masterminds of the ‘911 attacks’, the Bali Bombing and the 7/7 London bombings.

[color=#800080]fertilizer bomb did this?[/color]

References to outstanding anomolies are widely available on the net and may be viewed without risk … of fomenting violent revolution, population dispalcement and unsettled civil war … to the veiwer.

[color=#800080]british pakistani muslims killed themselves for this?[/color]

[color=#800080]eg: why is the railing in front of this 'terrorist’s arm?[/color]

Whatever dedicated terror cells now threaten peace and prosperity in places like eastern Afghansitan [we never hear much about western Afghanistan] are the ‘precipatate’ of artificially fabricated war … mostly to the benefit of private contractors who outnumber troops. There was no terrorism in any of these places before 9/11 and there was no terrorism in Palestine before the creation of an ethnic-exclusivity zone for outsiders in 1948.

This is no way to run a railroad.

greenmark: Yes! You’re right. I just checked.

Chuanzao: To pacify Afghanistan you’d have to go in there and put large swathes of the population to the sword. Could/would China do that?

[quote=“mallard”]
Whatever dedicated terror cells now threaten peace and prosperity in places like eastern Afghansitan [we never hear much about western Afghanistan] are the ‘precipatate’ of artificially fabricated war … mostly to the benefit of private contractors who outnumber troops. There was no terrorism in any of these places before 9/11 and there was no terrorism in Palestine before the creation of an ethnic-exclusivity zone for outsiders in 1948.[/quote]

What a preachy sophmoric windbag of a post!
There’s been terrorism all down the line. Most especially in the former Fertile Crescent. Many civilizations have risen and fallen in that region. It’s quite common practice.

Shouldn’t you be up, fingers deep, in some thread about 911 cover-ups?

Don’t you think it’s up a bit, what with all the invasion and war?

No, it wouldn’t.

How about your country?