Al Quieda Treasure Chest of Documents

Patience grasshopper, patience. :laughing:

(I just dropped my vacum cleaner from my sixth floor balconey and while it didn’t land on anybody’s head or even get broken I’m still feeling a little emotional! and disinclined to doing inter net searches. You could try CNN.)

OK here is one to get you started.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3744489.stm

[quote]As the US - and for that matter British - military has become increasingly over-stretched, so the role of the private contractors has encroached on what was the traditional preserve of the military.

The trouble is these new private armies have little command and control, and even less accountability. They simply are not under anyone’s jurisdiction.

…

"There are contractors who are suspected of being involved in these crimes [in Abu Ghraib], including one who is suspected of raping a juvenile male detainee, who basically has walked [free] because there is no jurisdiction over it. [/quote]

Me.

If al Qaeda is interested in fostering war between the US and Iran, then they can sign me up as a supporter. What a load of rubbish. Most of these agents are being funded by the Iranians as the Iranian government knows full well. Time to ignore these important “documents” and put the f***ing screws to the mullahs. No need to invade as long as the population overthrows the government. They have 1.5 to 2.0 years to do so.

I live to ride another day…

Far off? Depends on your perspective and yes, Uganda and Rwanda are now both in the Internet Age big time. I could have posted earlier but why bother? I knew that this could wait until Monday or is it Tuesday today. Had a great trip by the way, will show some photos when I return. Many of them, however, may be blurry. Interesting they now have locally grown wine…

Better than that, you simply walk past the vine and your pissed! You been strolling through any wineries today, Broon? :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Better than that, you simply walk past the vine and your pissed! You been strolling through any wineries today, Broon? :laughing:

HG[/quote]

Alas, no.

BroonAdmits

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Along with the taking out of Zarqawi, a veritable treasure chest of Al Quieda documents was taken into possession by the Iraquis and Coalition Forces.
The information being gleaned from these documents id providing an amazing insight into Al Quieda. [/quote]

Easy Cowboy. I know this has got you all excited. Lern too spel. Al Qaida.

Also found: deed to the oil fields. (How did our oil get under their sand anyway?)

Still missing: map to WMD locations.

You find this article in the Washington Times or the New York Sun?

Hey, and did you hear the WMDs have been found?

OK, “Man on dog” Santorum has an excuse - he’s desperately seeking a way to save his ass- but Hoekstra is the head of the House Intelligence Committee.

thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/dod … -santorum/

Of course, that’s good enough for Hinderaker, Instapundit and co.

And why hasn’t the White House jumped on this evidence- according to Hoekstra, Bush has been too busy with all the good news from Iraq.

Are we at the point where including Republican and intelligence in the same phrase is automatically an oxymoron?

Bush proclaimed that a long time ago:

Source: Our favorite crackpot site

But of course he was just mistaken, that’s why immidiately after he learned the same he called for a press conference where we heard him retracting the statement. I mean he did, didn’t he!?

Al Quag’mire is Iraqi. If you’re looking for Al Qaeda, he lives in Saudi Arabia. Big difference.

If you’re looking for Al Quieda and his so-called “pot of gold”, though, never heard of him. Maybe he’s Mexican.

We’ve found the weapons of mass destruction evidence! (
fabricator
)

"In late January 2003, as Secretary of State Colin Powell prepared to argue the Bush administration’s case against Iraq at the United Nations, veteran CIA officer Tyler Drumheller sat down with a classified draft of Powell’s speech to look for errors. He found a whopper: a claim about mobile biological labs built by Iraq for germ warfare.

Drumheller instantly recognized the source, an Iraqi defector suspected of being mentally unstable and a liar. The CIA officer took his pen, he recounted in an interview, and crossed out the whole paragraph.

A few days later, the lines were back in the speech. Powell stood before the U.N. Security Council on Feb. 5 and said: “We have first-hand descriptions of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails.”

The sentence took Drumheller completely by surprise.

“We thought we had taken care of the problem,” said the man who was the CIA’s European operations chief before retiring last year, “but I turn on the television and there it was, again.”

While the administration has repeatedly acknowledged intelligence failures over Iraqi weapons claims that led to war, new accounts by former insiders such as Drumheller shed light on one of the most spectacular failures of all: How U.S. intelligence agencies were eagerly drawn in by reports about a troubled defector’s claims of secret germ factories in the Iraqi desert. The mobile labs were never found. . .

The warnings triggered debates within the CIA but ultimately made no visible impact at the top, current and former intelligence officials said. In briefing Powell before his U.N. speech, George Tenet, then the CIA director, personally vouched for the accuracy of the mobile-lab claim, according to participants in the briefing. Tenet now says he did not learn of the problems with Curveball until much later and that he received no warnings from Drumheller or anyone else.

“No one mentioned Drumheller, or Curveball,” Lawrence B. Wilkerson, Powell’s chief of staff at the time, said in an interview. “I didn’t know the name Curveball until months afterward.” . . .

More than a year after Powell’s speech, after an investigation that extended to three continents, the CIA acknowledged that Curveball was a con artist who drove a taxi in Iraq and spun his engineering knowledge into a fantastic but plausible tale about secret bioweapons factories on wheels.

But in the fall of 2002, Curveball was living the life of an important spy. A Baghdad native whose real name has never been released, he was residing in a safe house in Germany, where he had requested asylum three years earlier. In return for immigration permits for himself and his family, the Iraqi supplied Germany’s foreign intelligence service with what appeared to be a rare insider’s account of one of President Saddam Hussein’s long-rumored WMD programs. . . . ."

uhhh spook…post on the wrong thread…again?

I thought the “Al ‘Quieda’ Treasure Chest of Documents: pot of gold or pot to piss in?” thread would be as good a place as any to get to the bottom of things in.