Al-Zarqawi states what Bush has been saying all along

CNN) – An Internet recording claiming to be from wanted terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi condemned democracy as “the big American lie” on Sunday and said participants in Iraq’s January 30 election are enemies of Islam.

The authenticity of the message could not immediately be confirmed by CNN.

“We have declared a bitter war against democracy and all those who seek to enact it,” said the speaker in the 35-minute message.

“Democracy is also based on the right to choose your religion,” he said, and that is “against the rule of God.”

[quote=“jdsmith”]CNN) – An Internet recording claiming to be from wanted terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi condemned democracy as “the big American lie” on Sunday and said participants in Iraq’s January 30 election are enemies of Islam.

The authenticity of the message could not immediately be confirmed by CNN.

“We have declared a bitter war against democracy and all those who seek to enact it,” said the speaker in the 35-minute message.

“Democracy is also based on the right to choose your religion,” he said, and that is “against the rule of God.”
************************************************************[/quote]

But isn’t it the Religion of Peace? :ponder:

I would think that the MSM would want or should need to read some Bernard Lewis and find out a bit about the ultimate goal of Islam, espcially Islam run by the radical right, read: Wahibism.

What al-zarqawi reportedly said here was “Religion is NOT a choice.”

Democracy IS choice. Ergo, Democracy is bad and completely imcompatible with Islam, according again to Al-zarcrazy.

I’d like to see more modern and moderate Muslims come out and say “potAYtoes and potAHtoes.”

Otherwise things could get worse than they are now, and mostly worse for the Muslims in in Middle East.

[quote=“jdsmith”]
I’d like to see more modern and moderate Muslims come out and say “potAYtoes and potAHtoes.”[/quote]

The problem is [i]finding[/i] more modern and moderate Muslims.

[quote]
Divided We Stand

I spent Friday morning interviewing two 18-year-old French Muslim girls in the Paris immigrant district of St.-Ouen. (It is about a mile from the school where in March 2003 a French Muslim girl, who had refused the veil and rebuffed the advances of a Muslim boy, was thrown into a garbage can by three Muslim teenagers, who then tossed lighted cigarette butts into the can and closed the lid.)

Both girls I interviewed wore veils and one also wore a full Afghan-like head-to-toe covering; one was of Egyptian parents, the other of Tunisian parents, but both were born and raised in France. What did I learn from them? That they got all their news from Al Jazeera TV, because they did not believe French TV, that the person they admired most in the world was Osama bin Laden, because he was defending Islam, that suicide “martyrdom” was justified because there was no greater glory than dying in defense of Islam, that they saw themselves as Muslims first and French citizens last, and that all their friends felt pretty much the same.

We were not in Kabul. We were standing outside their French public high school - a short ride from the Eiffel Tower. [/quote]

nytimes.com/2005/01/23/opini … oref=login