Alabama born ISIS bride wants to return to US

Actually she could try crossing from Mexico.

What will Uncle Sam do once she gets in? Will be harder to kick her out than to deny her entry

Here’s the latest

As a human, I feel for her and her son.

However, she knew what she had while growing up in the US. She decided to dramatically give that up, as well as actively work against the U.S. Now she deserves to face the consequences. And unfortunately, her actions are affecting her innocent child.

It’s a difficult situation for sure. In my opinion her actions border on treason, and just how lenient should a country be towards treasonous people?

4 Likes

I’m just happy LSU beat Alabama

I consider it the responsibility of nations to deal with their subjects. The UK is failing at the moment in this respect and Trump rightly criticised them.

1 Like

I would keep her OUT

2 Likes

So she thought that joining an extremist regime known for beheadings and rapes was ok for her son, but now she’s having second thoughts?

4 Likes

The trouble is this is what every country is saying. At the same time telling other countries to take responsibility.

Similar situation to the boats full of illegal migrants headed to Europe. Seems like it’s a common theme, setting up a moral standard for the others while not following it.

1 Like

Is it legal to accept her son and place him with family in the US, but not to accept her? If she agreed to that?

Being hypocrite? Europe has to take back their ISIS fighters and brides but Trumpland not?

I hope they take the child away. They take kids away for child abuse, surely this qualifies. Her second chance is in a hole somewhere locked up forever. That’s more mercy than what she would have gave any of us.

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m not following your partially derailed train of logic.

1 Like

Trump recently complained about European nations not taking their ISIS fighters back.

:thinking:

Yeah, sounds like she’s ours. :smoker:

Although she was born in New Jersey, and traveled to Syria with her U.S. passport, the government argue she should never have been considered a citizen in the first place as she was the daughter of a diplomat serving for the Yemeni government at the time.

The children of foreign diplomats based in the U.S. are excluded from the right to citizenship by birthright.

Muthana’s father Ahmed Ali Muthana had originally come to the U.S. in 1990. When his diplomatic posting concluded in 1994, the family were permitted to remain in the U.S. due to the civil war ravaging their home country.

The family — Hoda is the youngest of five children and the only one to be born in the U.S. — moved to Alabama where she lived until she fled to join ISIS in 2014. The rest of her family are naturalized U.S. citizens and remain in the U.S.

1 Like

Somebody has to deal with them and their probably damaged children. I think the nation they are from stepping up to the plate is best.

Obviously, nobody wants them.

They come back. She goes to jail. Grandparents take the kid. Can I have Pompeo’s job now?

2 Likes

You guys have the odd one or two. In Europe we have nightmare levels of these guys. Belgium’s legal and social care system is going to be inundated.

That’s because we are friendly and hospitable people.:wink: We are sociable.

1 Like

I was using Belgium as an example. There are a disproportionate number of ISIS guys from there.

What are nations going to do with one of their citizens who has joined ISIS, had 5 children, and wants to come back home? It’s a nightmare.

1 Like