Alien Residency Card (ARC) - Government Shortage?

Hi all,

Can anyone please confirm for me whether there is currently a shortage of ARC cards causing delays in government processing?

My new employer obtained a work permit for me and I gave them all relevant documents (including proof of address, such as lease and utility bills) over two weeks ago. In my past experience I found that it only takes a week to process an ARC and this website suggests the same:
iff.immigration.gov.tw/enfront/l … 20&tr_id=2

My employer and the work permit agent claim the delay is due to a shortage and I will receive mine in November.

Anyone had a similar experience of this??

Many thanks.

No idea about a shortage, but as long as you have the receipt from NIA you can use that if need be.

[quote=“MaXiu”]Hi all,

Can anyone please confirm for me whether there is currently a shortage of ARC cards causing delays in government processing?

My new employer obtained a work permit for me and I gave them all relevant documents (including proof of address, such as lease and utility bills) over two weeks ago. In my past experience I found that it only takes a week to process an ARC and this website suggests the same:
iff.immigration.gov.tw/enfront/l … 20&tr_id=2

My employer and the work permit agent claim the delay is due to a shortage and I will receive mine in November.
.[/quote]

I do know they’re currently in the process of switching all the old (still valid) paper cards to the new ones. That could be causing a backlog of some type.

The same thing happened last year when I renewed mine. It ended up taking them about 4 weeks to get it.

My last ARC was a new electronic-type one. An agent seems to have applied for the ARC on my behalf so I have no receipt. I have now asked for a photocopy of it though.

I’ve been waiting for 1 month. :fume:

Seriously? Did you hear any reason from the government why?

Check if they are going to send it by mail. Delay in printing ARC+mail time= bigger delay

Boss said they will pick it up later this week.

Seriously? Did you hear any reason from the government why?[/quote]

I haven’t heard any reasons, but I plan to ask when I finally receive it.