Alishan: Latest Status of Roads and Hotels

I was thinking this might be a nice alternative to the heat at the beach, but I was curious what the latest status was concerning the roads. Are they washed out or about to be over the next couple of days or have they finally fixed for good those washouts.

Also, are there any new nice hotels. I was looking for something as close to five star as possible. I remember I stayed at the really old classic government run before and I heard it has been totally redone now. Does anyone know the one I am talking about? How is it now?

Finally is the place crowded in the summer months?

Jim, if you are reading this, brace yourself and I hope you fare well this week with the double typhoons.

[quote=“Hobart”]I was thinking this might be a nice alternative to the heat at the beach, but I was curious what the latest status was concerning the roads. Are they washed out or about to be over the next couple of days or have they finally fixed for good those washouts.

Also, are there any new nice hotels. I was looking for something as close to five star as possible. I remember I stayed at the really old classic government run before and I heard it has been totally redone now. Does anyone know the one I am talking about? How is it now?

Finally is the place crowded in the summer months?

Jim, if you are reading this, brace yourself and I hope you fare well this week with the double typhoons.[/quote]

alishanhouse.com.tw/

I stayed there in January. Nice place and the outdoor deck has a great view. Could see the sunset from my room window and the moon flooded the room at night (Japanese design). Food is okay to sub-standard. Unfortunately when they remodelled the charm in the dining room was lost to make it more suitable to big groups. Now it look like any old restaurant that serves tour groups except the view is still there.

Definitely the best place in Alishan.

Looks much better than before. Thanks for the link.