All our yesterdays: nostalgia

Yup, mine was cutting through the residential alleys in Taichung. The four corners with the mirrors, you know? BLAMMO, I let go at the last second, rolled up on the hood. The guy slammed on his brakes, sent me flying and I rolled out of it, stood up and whoohooed. The look on his GF’s face was priceless. Got her number. :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Not even my nostalgia, but I still felt that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

5 Likes

All hail all of us older than Google.

2 Likes

We have nimble fingers from using that “20th century search engine.” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The price tag on that! I remember it was on the high side for a Christmas present for us at the time. I begged for it and got it. I feel kind of bad that I did that.

1 Like

TV Guide more than the TV show, though I did watch a lot of CHiPs.

2 Likes

This meme took me back to my school days and now I’m still at EEHH MACARENA. :joy:

And a personal favorite:

I started wearing seatbelts when I had my own car.

5 Likes

Looks like something a serial killer would abduct kids in… :astonished:

They packed like 25 of us in the back, school bags and all. And our parents paid for the privilege.

Later in life, my boss at college had a frigging Subaru station wagon she was sure her hubby bought her with the intention of killing her. The woman was not the best of drivers, still a novice, and the damn thing was like 3 tons on clumsiness, like driving a six wheeler with a rusty axle. Parking anywhere but the street was a nightmare. And you could hear it roaring up the hill to our faculty, stall, be met with a chorus of claxons -but no brakes- couple of attempted starts and ROAR ROARING again uphill.

And she insisted on picking me up after lunch on the way to work…

1 Like

Typing used to be a class too! :grandpa:

3 Likes

Mostly just for girls, though- what boy was ever going to have to learn to use a keyboard?

The class was about 50/50 at my junior high. Everybody took it for the easy A.

I think it was required at my junior high school. I’m glad I had the class. I think it really helpdkesee d andaldkre dkieiow.

1 Like

I wish I had a computer with those specs when I grew up. :grin:

3 Likes

A got an A in typing!

1 Like

4 Likes