Alleged camera pervert

Of course it happens in the U.S., too – the guys watching the glossy escalators at the museum were likely all local American guys. (I don’t really know this for sure.) I merely mean that Japanese and Taiwanese tourists of that sort would probably appreciate being able to go some place where they could indulge their inner peeping tom without resorting to shoes with mirrors on them.

But that brings up another interesting thing. While Americans may be from time to time just as kooky as the Japanese, it seems the Japanese have a greater degree of public acceptance for the fulfillment of these sorts of fantasies. For example, you would likely not find vending machines in the U.S. selling teenagers’ dirty underwear – apparently a sales concept that the Japanese have accepted.

No, just by mail. Check here.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]
No, just by mail. Check here.[/quote]

Now just how did you know about that service? :wink:

[quote=“blueface666”][quote=“HakkaSonic”]
No, just by mail. Check here.[/quote]

Now just how did you know about that service? :wink:[/quote]

Blueface, she’s the competition. Send me your address, I’ll send you a sample (warning: I ate five bowls of Tom Yum soup last night).

:shock: :shock: :shock: You have got to be kidding!!!

Any vending machines yet?

:shock: :shock: :shock: You have got to be kidding!!![/quote]

Has anyone on this forum ever seen such a machine? Was there once one machine which is now long gone? Or are they about as common as toad lickers in Florida?

I’ve heard that the machines were not incredibly common, just as I guess that underwear sniffers (whatever the nationality) are not that common. However, I bet that an underwear vending machine in the U.S. would probably have a short lifespan before some bible-thumping bubba would have at the machine with an axe.

They’re common enough. :laughing:

WHAT? They’re for SNIFFING? No wonder I’ve been feeling so uncomfortable. I’m switching straight back to my boxers – maybe it’ll also make that nasty rash go away.

And to think that there probably are third-world countries where used, unwashed underwear is sold merely as a cheaper alternative to freshly washed used underwear. Through the wonders of internet marketing and/or Japanese vending machines, villagers could finance public health and school programs.

Getting back to the video camera guy on the MRT, perhaps there are opportunities for private industry to replicate the sorts of experiences that this guy wants to have without having to make average citizens feel like they’re being violated. Probably the MRT system’s “floss girl” and “camera guy” types should get together.

I don’t think you’ve checked the ads on EBay lately. Used unwashed panties command a significantly higher price than fresh ones – or at least they did before EBay banned their sale. (Now the market has gone underground; the chicks have to put a disclaimer in their ads that they’ll wash them before shipping, but I’m sure the panty-sniffers just send them a private email not to bother, after the auction’s over.)

There was actually some guy who literally made his living by slipping on a pair of briefs, taking a photo, putting it on EBay and selling his worn-for-five-minutes underwear. I saw an article on him, maybe in “Wired”.

Hmm. I sound like I know too much about this stuff. :blush:

Night markets very tremendously from country to country – for example the quality of the clothing in PRC and Thailand appear to be a lot higher than those of Taiwanese markets (the food in Taiwan markets is what I go for!). In Laos, the quality of the wearable goods take a big steep plunge – the best shorts I could find at the night market in Vientienne had the washing-instruction labels stuck on the outside.

Perhaps this is naive, but I imagine in really poor countries (perhaps in Africa or war-torn Afghanistan) there are markets where even used clothes are fair game. In the U.S., the Salvation Army stores take the time to wash up the polyester shirts before they go on sale, but I would figure that in some of these countries they don’t even have the opportunity to do that.

Thus, there mght be a real opportunity for the developing nations to use WTO to start shipping containerloads of dirty underwear around the world. At Y1000 for a pair now (based on that vending machine photo posted earlier), the customers would benefit from the massive influx of low-cost third-world skidmarks making it a real win-win for international trade.

Ive got some very ripes socks on right now (been wearing them for two days and on top of that I stepped in a puddle two hours ago).

Opening bids?

A puddle of what?

A puddle of what?[/quote]

A puddle of murky water outside a 7-ELEVEN. Will this be affecting your bid, Omni?

I was trying to be silly.

[quote=“blueface666”]For Christ sake. Several weeks ago on the MRT, a girl was sitting across from me wearing a short skirt with her legs wide open and wearing panties made from dental floss. Accident or design? You be the judge.
[/quote]

Now that we are reporting panty sightings, I was at TongHua night market during the typhoon and noticed a school girl’s skirt whisk up above her beltline. The boy accompanying me and I tried to ignore it, but she kept looking at us to see if we noticed. She was not embarassed, but seemed very curious to know whether we noticed and what was our reaction. I gave an slight embarassed smile.

That’s just gross :!:

A puddle of what?[/quote]

A puddle of murky water outside a 7-ELEVEN. Will this be affecting your bid, Omni?[/quote]

Then I won’t be bidding. Now if it had been a puddle of water outside a Family Mart…

But this is all straying far away from the much more interesting topic of taking off-limits snapshots on the MRT. It makes me wonder exactly where one has to draw the line. For example, I presume one wouldn’t be arrested for taking a face-on photograph of anyone on the MRT. But how about a downwardly angled shot of a girl showing a lot of cleavage? Or one of those butt-cleavage shots that Blueface is so fond of taking? Or if a girl is wearing a loose short skirt which gets blown up by a gust of wind, is one allowed to capture that on film, or would it be reasonable for her to object and scream for the police to come and arrest you?