Alleycat's the Chat Thread (Part IV)

Must say I had another nice meal at Alleycat’s with Bu Lai En and Satellite TV on New Year’s Eve. Met a few people I hadn’t met before in Wolfman, daasgrrl and Richard M and caught up with Imaniou and Big Fluffy, albeit briefly. Thanks for the New Year’s beer Alley.

just finishing up 3 weeks in nyc, looking forward to getting back to taipei to get some pizza. some of the old favorite joints were just not stacking up

Well the big news is…

is that we’re just 1 day away from opening our second store.

The location is a closely guarded secret:

Only kidding: It’s nowhere else but in Neihu.

alleycatstaipei.com/neihumap.htm

With Saturday Night being our first official night we’re marking the occasion by offering a whopping great special:

Reserve your table at reservations@alleycatstaipei.com and quote Naihuopening in the Subject line and you and your friends will receive a whopping 25% off your bill.

Note this offer is valid for Sunday Night too!

Hope to see you soon,

Alleycat

And the soup??? :blush:

Anyone know how late they are open tonight in Neihu?

Blah…I just found out…they are only open till 5! That sucks giant donkey balls. I needed a restaurant to go to when my gf gets off work tonight, but I guess it won’t be Alleycats. Btw, their Neihu # is 02 2630 6278.

No no We open at 5. Close at 11. We are keeping the same hours as Lishui Jie.

We’ll be open for you.

Best

alan

Well frig, I guess there was a little misunderstanding over the phone. My apologies :blush: I reserved via email, and I’ll be in there to take advantage of your great opening offer :smiley:

Great Place Alan! :bravo: Sure it will be as successfull as the first one, only down side I do miss the yellow bathroom! :laughing:

Yep, great digs Alan. Love the outdoor seating option too. Wasn’t so fond of the hangover you lot gave me, but I think I can look past that :laughing:

Just made it back, this location is much more “classier” it seems. I like the new menus :slight_smile: If you’re getting there by the “official Alleycats map”: beware, it’s a little wanky. Cheng Gong goes off of Minchuan in 2 different places…the first time is Sec. 2, don’t turn there. Keep on driving aways to and it will branch off at Sec. 5. A little weird.

We showed up at 10, and were there for an hour. We were the only people in there the entire time, so we got enough personal attention. Good for us, perhaps bad for business. Anyways, the only thing that matters is the food of course. We both got calzones, and they were both excellent. I even managed to score some extra chicken on my Caesar salad. :slight_smile: Great place overall, but we’ll probably keep going to the original location, just because of the closeness factor.

[quote=“Taverncaptain”]Great Place Alan! :bravo: Sure it will be as successfull as the first one, only down side I do miss the yellow bathroom! :laughing:[/quote]I don’t think you’re qualifed to talk about bathrooms, at least Alan doesn’t have people drinking coffee in his bathroom :noway: . But then again, he doesn’t have a jet powered hand-dryer :bravo:.

[quote=“Josefus”]Just made it back, this location is much more “classier” it seems. I like the new menus :slight_smile: If you’re getting there by the “official Alleycats map”: beware, it’s a little wanky. Chenggong goes off of Minquan in 2 different places…the first time is Sec. 2, don’t turn there. Keep on driving aways to and it will branch off at Sec. 5. A little weird.

We showed up at 10, and were there for an hour. We were the only people in there the entire time, so we got enough personal attention. Good for us, perhaps bad for business. Anyways, the only thing that matters is the food of course. We both got calzones, and they were both excellent. I even managed to score some extra chicken on my Caesar salad. :slight_smile: Great place overall, but we’ll probably keep going to the original location, just because of the closeness factor.[/quote]

Yes, the big intersection here is a bit wonky. But “classier”? We’re in an Alley for goodness sakes.

:wink:

Yes, thanks Michel for all your hard work. And at Lishui Jie: That’s not a bathroom-it’s the Yellow Submarine.

Yesterday I went to Wallycat’s in Neihu and the damn place was closed. So I went to Swensen’s and they said, “Sorry, no burgers today.” Maybe that’s why I’m in such a foul mood today.

Sorry Rich, didn’t expect you back so soon. We’re closed in Neihu on Mondays too. We will however be open on Mondays at Lishui Jie very shortly. Please stay tuned.

Sorry Rich, didn’t expect you back so soon. We’re closed in Neihu on Mondays too. We will however be open on Mondays at Lishui Jie very shortly. Please stay tuned.[/quote]
You put the place right down the street from where I work. You expect me to stay away?

[quote=“Richardm”]Yesterday I went to Wallycat’s in Neihu and the damn place was closed. So I went to Swensen’s and they said, “Sorry, no burgers today.” Maybe that’s why I’m in such a foul mood today.[/quote]If Swensens won’t let you in on Monday, they won’t let you in on anyday.

Sorry Rich, didn’t expect you back so soon. We’re closed in Neihu on Mondays too. We will however be open on Mondays at Lishui Jie very shortly. Please stay tuned.[/quote]
You put the place right down the street from where I work. You expect me to stay away?[/quote]

We’re open tonight. :smiley:

I don’t know what the deal with Swensens was. Maybe they ran out of beef.