Alleycat's the Chat Thread (Part IV)

I don’t know what the deal with Swensens was. Maybe they ran out of beef.[/quote]

Beef = Hamburgers? :wink:

Our Brand New Locale: NEIHU

alleycatstaipei.com/neihupics.htm

Why do all the signs say “Pizza Alleycat’s” ? Shouldn’t that be the other way around.
I don’t like the look of these seats, my food will fall off.
Can I finally ask for a window seat without getting slapped ?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Why do all the signs say “Pizza Alleycat’s” ? Shouldn’t that be the other way around.
I don’t like the look of these seats, my food will fall off.
Can I finally ask for a window seat without getting slapped ?[/quote]

Yes, sorry about that. We asked the builders to give us a basement feel: Instead the went overboard and made the room gravity-free.

Re: the map. Desn’t Minquan run east-west? Which way is north on that map? How the hell do you orientate it?

If it’s where I think it is (the restaurant, not north, I know where north is) then it’s exceedingly close to Lotus Hill, n’est ce pas?

Yeah, I’d like to express my concern about the maps not just for Alleycats, but the other 'mosa frequented venues. I have been meaning to mention it.
Most of the maps I use when coming into a HH or whatever are pretty vague, not to any sort of scale (usually far too close up) and are missing prominent landmarks(eg parking buildings), especially for non-taipei people. Oh yeah, sometimes the Pinyin/Chinese markings are just one or the other which makes it tricky.
Heading to the TSB last time I spend half an hour driving around the streets on the other side of Dun Hua Rd, and it took 2 taxi drivers to figure out where I needed to go.
Just a rant, but a little bit of care into the maps can make a massive difference to some people. Even 2 maps of different scales could be handy if it’s not too much trouble, so the main routes can be roughed out without having to look at another map.

Hi Everyone

We are working on the map problem.

We’ll have a better one soon.

Best

Alleycat

Tried Alleycats in Neihu on Friday and was back there again for takeaway on Saturday.

The decor is good and of course the food is of the same excellent standard as the other store. I only noticed one real distinction the standard of clientele out here in Neihu was much higher. :slight_smile:

The only thing that’s smoking on Mondays is our pizza:

alleycatstaipei.com/Mondays.htm

[quote=“Alleycat”]The only thing that’s smoking on Mondays is our pizza[/quote]You shouldn’t leave it in the oven so long then :stuck_out_tongue:

Good for you :bravo:

Can I ask for the open times. the last time I treid to go in Taipei, you were closed…ugh. Would like to go this Saturday afternnon in Neihu.

Thanks.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Can I ask for the open times. the last time I treid to go in Taipei, you were closed…ugh. Would like to go this Saturday afternnon in Neihu.

Thanks.[/quote]

Was that recently? We haven’t been closed except on Mondays for at least 4 months.

We’re 5-11 at both locations. Stayed tuned. We’re opening for lunch in Neihu soon.

Best

Alan

[quote=“Alleycat”][quote=“jdsmith”]Can I ask for the open times. the last time I treid to go in Taipei, you were closed…ugh. Would like to go this Saturday afternnon in Neihu.

Thanks.[/quote]

Was that recently? We haven’t been closed except on Mondays for at least 4 months.

We’re 5-11 at both locations. Stayed tuned. We’re opening for lunch in Neihu soon.

Best

Alan[/quote]

It was a Sunday.

Ugh…lunch in Neihu huh?

When…? :slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Alleycat”][quote=“jdsmith”]Can I ask for the open times. the last time I treid to go in Taipei, you were closed…ugh. Would like to go this Saturday afternnon in Neihu.

Thanks.[/quote]

Best

Alan[/quote]

It was a Sunday.

Ugh…lunch in Neihu huh?

When…? :slight_smile:[/quote]

Impossible, we’ve been open Sundays continously for ages. Stay tuned for Lunches.

:smiley:

[quote]
Impossible, we’ve been open Sundays continously for ages. Stay tuned for Lunches.

:smiley:[/quote]

It was before 5. I’m sure it’s been asked before, why do you open so IMO, late?

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote]

:smiley:[/quote]

It was before 5. I’m sure it’s been asked before, why do you open so IMO, late?[/quote]

Cause, we’ve never thought a basement would be good for lunches. It works great for evenings but for the daytime, it just doesn’t I’m sorry to say.

I saw an announcement somewhere that Alleycat’s is planning to start opening on Mondays as a smoke-free venue.

I would just like to say :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: and add that the Neihu branch is on my way home from my Monday class that finishes at 8pm. This wonderful convergence of events means that I can now enjoy a weekly calzoni with unbelievable convenience and comfort.

It would be nice to see lots of friends there, both new and old.

[quote=“Loretta”]I saw an announcement somewhere that Alleycat’s is planning to start opening on Mondays as a smoke-free venue.

I would just like to say :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: and add that the Neihu branch is on my way home from my Monday class that finishes at 8pm. This wonderful convergence of events means that I can now enjoy a weekly calzoni with unbelievable convenience and comfort.

It would be nice to see lots of friends there, both new and old.[/quote]

For our part Loretta, we are continuously delighted to put up with you on your way to class on any day. Your inconvenience and discomfort is our goal. You retain the “worst customer” number one spot, I am happy to tell you.

Worst Regards, if at all.

Bob
“Worst Waiter in Taipei 2001/02/03/04”

Yay, A spot of carnage before class and a class spot to stop after the carnage that English teaching has become under the influence of Big Bad Bob the Bohemian. Life just gets better, and I think someone ought to take over that MOS place on the corner next to Alleycat’s II and turn it into Carnegie’s II.