Alleycat's - The Chat Thread (Part IV)

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]
it wouldn’t have the new york atmosphere then would it[/quote]

Well, I was in New York quite e few times but never went for a pizza there… I have heard though that pizzas in New York are better than pizzas in Italy… we have ‘New York Pizza’ in Amsterdam but surely you are not referring to that; fast food pizza slices, thick as hell and you can see them get worse and worse as they are wilting in their display window, waiting for you to get them out of their misery… which means re-heat and eat…

NY, unfortunately, is a bit out of the way…
AlleyCats, I shall return!

You should localize it a bit more: “2004 Since.”

[quote=“BeInBliss”][quote=“Tempo Gain”]
it wouldn’t have the new york atmosphere then would it[/quote]

Well, I was in New York quite e few times but never went for a pizza there… I have heard though that pizzas in New York are better than pizzas in Italy… we have ‘New York Pizza’ in Amsterdam but surely you are not referring to that; fast food pizza slices, thick as hell and you can see them get worse and worse as they are wilting in their display window, waiting for you to get them out of their misery… which means re-heat and eat…

NY, unfortunately, is a bit out of the way…
AlleyCats, I shall return![/quote]

as shall i! new york has some great pizza places, no doubt. but i was making a joke that i don’t think anyone ever said “thank you, good night” when i left one. not that there’s anything wrong with that lol

Is it true? The rumor of a 3rd Alleycat’s, on Zhongxiao E. Rd. Section 4?

There was a banner ad about it, there might still be one. It’s a take out location from what I remember.

Zhongsiao East Road, Setion 4, Lane 248 #2

忠孝東路4段248巷2號

02 27315225

He should open one in Muzha.

EDIT- Just checked their website and it looks like it’s up and running.

He must be really busy if he hasn’t even had the time to come on here and pimp his new location.

I’m sure it’ll do well there.

Ok, the website has more info now:

[quote]Zhonghsiao East Road, Section 4, Lane 248 #2
忠孝東路4段248巷2號
02 27315225

TAKEAWAY - NEW!!!
Our Latest Expansion. The Same Famous Pizza. It’s Stone-Oven-Baked of Course! But Also at exceptionally Reasonable Value. A Few Bar Seats Available for Your Comfort.
Open All Week 12pm-10pm
全年無休 12pm-10pm [/quote]

Mmmmm… Alleycat’s! :hungry:

Yes, it is up and running. I had two for take out last night. Really friendly service.

Congrats, Alleycat, and good luck!

Sunday night after a monster day. Red wine and Napoletana; anchovy and feta and spinach. Bar stools, and ‘boys are rubbish’ talk. The perfect after-work place.

Buttercup,

You make my heart go giddyup!!!

Yep we are open on Zhongxiao as advertised.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Very best,

Alan

When does the Danshui area get an Alley Cats???

Congrats, Alan, to the third Alleycat’s in three years!

Looking forward to stopping by the new branch, and to stopping in again at the original Lishui flagship.

What’s the smoking policy with the new restaurant? Any change to the policy? (Wasn’t it Monday nights only before - which wasn’t much good IMHO)

Really, I won’t eat in places where I can’t eat smoke free…

No, it was smoke-free (i.e., no smoking) on Mondays.

I saw a most tempting pizza on the travel & leisure channel recently from a pizzeria in San Francisco named Zachary’s Pizza.

[quote]GOOD HEALTH PIZZA
Baked chicken breast and fresh spinach with part skim mozzarella on a whole wheat crust. [/quote]

The reason it sounds so good to me is that recently I have been trying to eliminate things made with white flour (bread, noodles, rice, etc.). The whole wheat crust is the enticement here. Any chance of getting whole wheat crust at Alleycat’s anytime?

[quote=“Dark Horse”]I saw a most tempting pizza on the travel & leisure channel recently from a pizzeria in San Francisco named Zachary’s Pizza.

[quote]GOOD HEALTH PIZZA
Baked chicken breast and fresh spinach with part skim mozzarella on a whole wheat crust. [/quote]

The reason it sounds so good to me is that recently I have been trying to eliminate things made with white flour (bread, noodles, rice, etc.). The whole wheat crust is the enticement here. Any chance of getting whole wheat crust at Alleycat’s anytime?[/quote]

Thanks for the tip DH. We’ll see what we can do. No promises however.

Best,

A

Do I get commission in future for promoting Alleycats Pizza? I only took one business card when I picked up the pizzas but could have handed out loads to the table of Chinese folk at the HH last night.

Depends on your poe-tential. :wink:

Thanks for spreading the word.

Best,

a

Oh,I’d wish I could have known the alleycat earlier.
If I know then I can go there with my friend when he was here.