Alleycat's - The Chat Thread (Part IV)

Another reason to love Alley Cat’s. She got our order wrong and left us the wrong pizza to eat on the house while they cooked up the correct one.

Both were, of course, great.

[quote=“Alleycat”][quote=“Dark Horse”]I saw a most tempting pizza on the travel & leisure channel recently from a pizzeria in San Francisco named Zachary’s Pizza.

[quote]GOOD HEALTH PIZZA
Baked chicken breast and fresh spinach with part skim mozzarella on a whole wheat crust. [/quote]

The reason it sounds so good to me is that recently I have been trying to eliminate things made with white flour (bread, noodles, rice, etc.). The whole wheat crust is the enticement here. Any chance of getting whole wheat crust at Alleycat’s anytime?[/quote]

Thanks for the tip DH. We’ll see what we can do. No promises however.

Best,

A[/quote]

Do that and I will be in there SO often. I love pizza but I don’t do flour except on special occasions.

Why does the website say the Neihu branch is 全年無休?? It was closed last night (according to the person who answered the phone in the other branch). The Neihu branch just didn’t answer – no message, nothing.

Ah yes, Allecycat’s, I’m glad you’ve raised this thread, although unfortunately I’m not particularly clear on your point.

Anyway, in Bangkok over the weekend and Ms Huang’s mind strayed to pizza, not any pizza mind, it had to be as good as Alleycat’s. Well we ate at two pizzerias, seemingly authentic enough from the exterior, and of course it being Thailand a wonderful array of fine fresh produce, but goddamit, it wasn’t even close to an Alleycat’s. Now I don’t know what shenanigans you lot are up to at Alleycat’s, but Ms Huang is truly haunted. She can’t even think pizza without thinking Alleycat’s . and she’s only ever been twice in her life! (All sadly true!)

Would it really be too much to ask to get Alley’s up and firing in some of my frequented haunts? Bangkok, HK and Shenzhen could do for starts, although I’m quietly confident our Lord Lucan could use some pandering too, so please add Shanghai.

Thanks for your consideration.

HG

Edit: I should add some detail. Ms Huang has personally offered to do all the running about to get you a pizzeria, business licence, grease whoever’s sweaty palm - she’s just done all that herself - should you embark on a Bangkok Alleycat’s. The upside for Alley’s is the excuse to traipse of to Bangkok to oversee quality. For us Forumosans, the upside is a spiritual home in Bangkok. I have a location in mind and it is fantastic. I;m sure M has an inkling of where that may be.

What’s unclear? The website says the restaurant is open all year round and it isn’t! Obviously it’s just a mistake that the boss will rectify when he sees the post.

Thanks Mr Smith. Terribly sorry for my oversight in not posting our CNY hours.

Neihu has been closed, as it was last year, and will reopen Saturday, February 24. Lishui Jie has been open every day this CNY and is open all year round.

Once again, I apologise for not making this clear and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Very best,

a

:blush:

2 things.

1. Where is our whole wheat crust pizza?? Still waiting for that shit!!!
  2. Every time Debby waits on me I wish we tipped in Taiwan.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]2 things.

1. Where is our whole wheat crust pizza?? Still waiting for that shit!!!
  2. Every time Debby waits on me I wish we tipped in Taiwan.[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply SAF.

1. In development.
  2. Thanks, and I’ll be sure to tell Debs.

Best,
A

OK, it’s been annoying me for some time now and I have to say something.

It’s those hyphens.

They only go between compound modifiers that come before the term being modified.

So, writing stone-oven-baked pizzas is correct, as we are talking about pizzas - in particular, stone-oven-baked pizzas.

But how are they baked? Well, they’re stone-oven baked - that is, they’re baked, in a stone oven. The word baked is the term being modified here.

So, in your sig banner, can you please remove the final hyphen or stick a pizza on the end? It’s so annoying. No wonder I can’t sleep! :unamused:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]OK, it’s been annoying me for some time now and I have to say something.

It’s those hyphens.

They only go between compound modifiers that come before the term being modified.

So, writing stone-oven-baked pizzas is correct, as we are talking about pizzas - in particular, stone-oven-baked pizzas.

But how are they baked? Well, they’re stone-oven baked - that is, they’re baked, in a stone oven. The word baked is the term being modified here.

So, in your sig banner, can you please remove the final hyphen or stick a pizza on the end? It’s so annoying. No wonder I can’t sleep! :unamused:[/quote]

Sorry-mate-it’s-always-been-like-that. The pizza is implied.

:smiley:

I went for lunch but they were closed…i guess ill have to try next time looked cool though

I guess the pizza was implied there, too. :smiley:

Hi Dlin,

We don’t do lunch at our Lishui Jie branch. Please check our Website http://www.alleycatstaipei.com for our business hours.

Thanks,

A

Please hurry up with that whole wheat crust. Now I live next to an AlleyCat’s. If you don’t get that Whole Wheat crust thing going on soon I might get fat.

I assure you that the Bangkok/Samui/Koh Tao Alleycat’s will offer all that you seek Ms Abfab.

HG

Which AbFab girl am I?

Dark Horse wrote:

[quote]I saw a most tempting pizza on the travel & leisure channel recently from a pizzeria in San Francisco named Zachary’s Pizza.

Quote:
GOOD HEALTH PIZZA
Baked chicken breast and fresh spinach with part skim mozzarella on a whole wheat crust.

The reason it sounds so good to me is that recently I have been trying to eliminate things made with white flour (bread, noodles, rice, etc.). The whole wheat crust is the enticement here. Any chance of getting whole wheat crust at Alleycat’s anytime?[/quote]

SuchAFob wrote:

Alleycat wrote:

I’m glad to see my suggestion is getting some attention. I think it would be a hit at Alleycat’s and create one more niche market for you, especially with the earthy-crunchy crowd. Probably something people would be willing to pay a bit more for too.

The one with the fab abs . . for now. :laughing:

HG

At last! I’ll be back in Taiwan from Wednesday night through to the following Tuesday morning. I’m hoping the Taiwan visa office can get a wriggle on and provide Ms Huang her visa, cos she is chomping at the bit for some Alleycat’s finest.

In an e-mail today from my Thai sweetie:

If they fail to give her a visa in time, then expect an international incident.

HG

Now that I’m living an working in ShiLin, I can’t help but wonder how fantastic it would be to have an Alleycat’s up here, in the TienMu area.

There is such huge potential for a pizza restaurant of Alleycat’s caliber, if only you could find someone skilled enough, experienced enough, and handsome enough to front what could quite possibly turn out to be the flagship Alleycat’s branch. Does such a man even exist?

Wouldn’t it be great if such a guy was out there, someone who could indeed bring Alleycat’s to TienMu pizza lovers and show these people how a restaurant should really be run! Someone must fit the bill, surely.

But who??? :idunno: