Almas john?

I bought a pair of sheepskin gloves to keep my hands toasty warm in Beijing, but I guess they weren’t real black sheep skin because the dye is coming off on my hands. I guess the gold speckles should have given that away. This weather is Dickensian enough without my looking like a dirty-handed young ragamuffin, while I prowl the hutongs!

My question is, if I get the laundry aiyi to do her stuff, will they shrink? Has this ever happened to any of your friends? Is there anything I can do, other than go back and get an undyed pair? The ‘natural sheep’ look is not really for me, but they are warm at night.

Sheep do in fact shrink when they get caught out in hot summer rain, and these shrunken critters are known as “lambs.” Cold water, or even luke warm water doesn’t affect them in the least.

You mentioned exploring the “hutongs.” The word “hutong” is fun to say out loud, “hutong, hutong, hutong” - kind of reminds me of “poontang.”

[quote=“almas john”]
You mentioned exploring the “hutongs.” The word “hutong” is fun to say out loud, “hutong, hutong, hutong” - kind of reminds me of “poontang.”[/quote]
No, I’m pretty sure its the word “sheep” that reminds you of that.