Alvin Greene Wins Primary

Sandman, once again I’m disappointed by you. How could you have missed this amazing demonstration of why the USA is a politcal giant.

CNN Anchor To Alvin Greene: Are You ‘Mentally Sound?’
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c … hp?ref=fpb

What a trainwreck.

The Democratic Race in Florida looks pretty interesting , with many Dems not wanting to support Greene. With Crist moving towards the centre, it looks as if he is going to pick up a lot of Democrat votes, and be a contender against Rubio.

The Democrat candidate sounds pretty scary—Tyson as best man?:

blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/ … ary_de.php

I don’t know how Americans can stomuch this. I’d feel ashamed if my country’s political system could make decisions like this. In twenty years, if the USA looks like a 3rd world state, there’ll be all those right-wing nuts saying it was a conspiracy. Not from where I’m standing. The USA gets exactly what it deserves.

I’m sure any Republican or mainstream Democrat looking at the Canadian system would be very interested in some of the Canadian politicians that have gained national recognition.

I mean Svend Robinson (jewel thief), former interim Liberal Leader Bill Graham (sleeping with 15 year old male prostitutes), Jaffer and Guergis (see I’m also naming Conservatives), David “I’m entitled to my entitlements” Dingwall, Pierre “My driver drives me everywhere” Pettigrew, not to mention a whole group of anti-Semites (e.g. Libby Davies).

I don’t think you should gloat about a poor quality Dem candidate in South Carolona by saying things are better up North. In many respect, the quality of candidates has gone down in a whole lot of countries. It definitely isn’t just an American occurance.

You must have missed my point. There are many bad people who have been nominated as candidates or even elected. The fiascos we are talking, as well as the problems of the 2000 Presidental Election, are quite different. People vote for whom they vote for. The US system appears devised so that candidates that are not selected according to intentions of voters can still get elected. In fact, people can get elected completely by accident. I think that is slightly different than people you don’t like getting elected or nominated.

The Alvin Greene thing has all the right wing sites scratching their heads. Here’s a guy who shows up with cash or personal check, then gets a check from a campaign account after they tell them they need a check from a campaign account. He then does zero campaigning. If this guy made 100 elect Alan Greene t-shirts they would be collectors’ items. What’s even stranger is that he won in a landslide against a guy who actually campaigned.

I believe that a few democrats are throwing around conspiracy theories that he was a republican plant. I think it just goes to show that we don’t understand everything.

Here’s Jon Stewart’s take on Al:

mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart- … imary-win/

:bravo:

[quote=“cjc444”]Here’s Jon Stewart’s take on Al:

mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart- … imary-win/

:bravo:[/quote]
That was a riot! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thank you :notworthy:

Oh, so voters are so stupid they can’t recognize how a hanging chad works or that the person they thought they voted for is actually something else? What a very elitist view of the masses. But we need a very benevolent group of educated people (university professors, government people) to bring these peasants out of their ignorance, right? :laughing:

One of those weird stories that seems to come out of nowhere. Mr. Greene, a Democrat, indigent, unemployed and under charges of “showing obscene Internet photos to a University of South Carolina student,” suddenly comes up with the US$10,000 filing fee and wins the Jun 8 primary.

[quote]Lawmaker asks state police to probe SC primary

South Carolina Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, Alvin M Greene, holds his own personal copy of his campaign flyer he used to show people he campaigned in Manning, S.C. Wednesday, June 9, 2010. Greene won his party’s nomination in yesterday’s South Carolina primary elections, but has been asked by state Democratic party chairwoman, Carol Fowler to step down. Greene said he is staying in the race and will face incumbent U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint in the November elections. (AP Photo/Mary Ann Chastain)

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina state police should investigate how the unemployed winner of the state’s Democratic U.S. Senate primary paid his filing fee of more than $10,000, after claiming indigency and being appointed a public defender to represent him in a court case, a state lawmaker says.

“There are several questions regarding the filing fee paid for by Mr. Alvin Greene,” Republican Rep. Chip Limehouse wrote in a letter dated Tuesday to State Law Enforcement Division Chief Reggie Lloyd.

Greene, a 32-year-old political unknown, stunned the party establishment when he defeated former state lawmaker Vic Rawl in the June 8 primary to see who would face GOP U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint, the heavy favorite in the fall.

Greene, who had raised no money and had no ads or website, won with 59 percent of the vote to Rawl’s 41 percent.

Greene was arrested in November and charged with showing obscene Internet photos to a University of South Carolina student, then talking about going to her room at a university dorm. He has declined to comment on the charge, has yet to enter a plea or be indicted and says he’s staying in the race.

But Greene, who filed court paperwork stating his only income amounted to about $1,160 a month, said he couldn’t afford an attorney and was appointed one by the court. Greene did not indicate where that income came from. In his letter, Limehouse says Greene may owe the government money if it’s proven he didn’t need a publicly paid lawyer.

“Mr. Greene could owe the taxpayers for these services if it is found that he is in fact not indigent,” Limehouse wrote.

SLED spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said the agency was reviewing the request.

Greene has said he saved up for two years to pay the $10,440 candidate fee.

Limehouse’s is the latest in a string of inquiries into Greene and his candidacy. State Democratic Party Chairwoman Carol Fowler on June 9 asked Greene to withdraw after The Associated Press reported his felony charge. Days later, Majority Whip Jim Clyburn called on state and federal authorities to probe whether Greene was a plant for forces seeking to discredit South Carolina’s Democrats.

And on Tuesday, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington asked South Carolina Attorney General Henry McMaster—a Republican who recently lost his own bid for the state’s gubernatorial nomination—to investigate if someone had paid Greene to file for the office. CREW also filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, accusing Greene and three other Democratic congressional candidates in South Carolina of failing to file pre-primary spending reports.

Rawl has asked the state Democratic Party for a new primary election based on flaws with the voting machines or software, citing voting irregularities including people who tried to vote for Rawl but whose ballots showed Greene’s name checked instead.

The 92 executive members of South Carolina’s Democratic Party are set to hold a hearing on Rawl’s request Thursday in Columbia.

Brett Bursey, a progressive activist in South Carolina, has also asked a federal judge for a restraining order to keep elections officials from destroying data from machines used in the June 8 primary. Those machines will be reused during runoff elections on June 22, and Bursey says federal law requires states to maintain election records for nearly two years—including, he says, data from flashcards within the machines that record all voters’ keystrokes.

A federal judge was reviewing that request Wednesday. A spokesman for the State Election Commission said the data from the machines were checked routinely after ever election, but no extra measures were being taken because of Rawl’s protest.

“We have no reason to believe that voting machines malfunctioned on June 8th or to doubt the accuracy the election results,” Chris Whitmire said.[/quote]
Politics sometimes is crookeder than a dogs hind leg .

Oh, so voters are so stupid they can’t recognize how a hanging chad works or that the person they thought they voted for is actually something else? What a very elitist view of the masses. But we need a very benevolent group of educated people (university professors, government people) to bring these peasants out of their ignorance, right? :laughing:[/quote]

This is ridiculous. Why would you even say something like this? By your reasoning, we could have people vote any way we want. There’s no difference between voting systems, even though everyone knows that different systems get diffrent results. People make mistakes. They get confused.

The American system of voting is antiquated. It creates situations that result in cognitive error. There is not enough control in the task and the result is that over millions of trials, there are errors. What’s so hard about understanding this? That’s why these kinds of errors only happen in American elections. Only in America. Not even once anywhere else. Not even once.

Jon Stewart on the problem.
thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-j … na-primary

And the drama grows.
Now the South Carolina Democratic Party is giving Mr. Greene the ‘Go’ on his primary run.
Of course this may effectively halt any investigation into how Mr. Greene was able to gain his place on the Demo primary ticket.
Hmmm…whats that smell…?

[quote]SC Dems Nix Protest, Uphold Greene’s Nod For Senate

COLUMBIA, S.C. –

South Carolina Democratic Party officials have upheld a surprising U.S. Senate primary win by an unemployed military veteran, nixing a protest lodged by their favored candidate that could have required a new vote.

The party’s executive committee decided Thursday there was not enough evidence of impropriety to nullify the June 8 election victory by Alvin Greene. The 32-year-old lives with his father and waged no visible campaign.

The decision nixed a bid for another primary by candidate Vic Rawl, who contended he lost because of problems with electronic voting machines.

Party officials pushing against a new election say they need to move past the primary and focus on other races.

Greene will face Republican Sen. Jim DeMint, who is considered a heavy favorite.[/quote]
Of course it could be the Dems realize they aren’t going to stand a snowballs chance in this election anyway…so why waste the money on the race?
“Another one under the bus…and another one down another one down…another one under the bus!”

You know if it was any other senator besides DeMint, I would hope Alvin Greene would win the election. He can’t be that much worse than Al Franken, Arlen specter or Barbara Boxer.

This guy just gets better and better…

Alvin Greene Wants to Be Time’s “Man of the Year”
“I am the best candidate for the United States Senate in South Carolina,” Greene told Scherer. “And I am also the best person to be Time magazine’s Man of the Year.”

[i]But Greene told Time that the heat he was receiving was undeserved.

“What about everyone else’s mental state,” Greene told Scherer after seeing a Fox News spot questioning his mental health. “It seems like things don’t apply to me. I’m the nominee, and 60 percent isn’t 60 percent anymore.”[/i]
Its was a CNN reporter who asked the question Mr. Greene…but don’t worry…they will all take the cheap shots.

As one pundit noted about Mr. Greene…

[i]“Yes, how could a young African-American man with strange origins, suspicious funding, shady associations, no experience, no qualifications and no demonstrable work history come out of nowhere and win an election?”[/i] ~ Ann Coulter on Alvin Greene

Line this guy up for that “No-bel Peace Prize”…maybe Barry “The 11 Day Wonder” Sotero/Obama can pull some stings…Chicaga Style

and the saga continues…

[quote]Vic Rawl Concedes SC-SEN Democratic Primary To Alvin Greene
Eric Kleefeld | June 18, 2010, 5:31PM

Former South Carolina judge and ex-state legislator Vic Rawl has officially conceded the Democratic primary for Senate, after he had attempted to contest his upset loss to unemployed veteran Alvin Greene…i[/i][/quote]

Its always amusing to see how these lefty/lib sites use the descriptor “veteran” in a pejorative manner.
Mr. Greene has a number of legal issues that are much more current than any previous military service he might have occasioned.
Of course, he’s also a Democrat. That says a great deal about him and his course of conduct.

No further comments from the OP on this?

I for one think this man is a GENIUS.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]and the saga continues…

[quote]Vic Rawl Concedes SC-SEN Democratic Primary To Alvin Greene
Eric Kleefeld | June 18, 2010, 5:31PM

Former South Carolina judge and ex-state legislator Vic Rawl has officially conceded the Democratic primary for Senate, after he had attempted to contest his upset loss to unemployed veteran Alvin Greene…i[/i][/quote]

Its always amusing to see how these lefty/lib sites use the descriptor “veteran” in a pejorative manner.
Mr. Greene has a number of legal issues that are much more current than any previous military service he might have occasioned.
Of course, he’s also a Democrat. That says a great deal about him and his course of conduct.

No further comments from the OP on this?[/quote]

Maybe this is one of those things that only Americans can appreciate, like why a Big Gulp has to be that big or why there are so many fat people in California. It might just not have anything to do with Democrates or Republicans or anything like that. This might just be a sign of how sick the US election system is. The US is a sick nation and needs medicare to deal with it because there’s not enough money in anyone’s bank for this one.

Hilarious.

The Dems should let it slide, whinging that it is a GOP plant, makes them look even worse.